Finding the One -KOENMA-

I hate being alone. I think everything does, you feel empty. Then Depression kicks in. Yes, even Spirit World royalty can get depressed. Why am I so depressed? Everyone else has their significant other, while I have no one. Might seem like a stupid reason, but like I said, loneliness is horrible.

There is one girl who has caught my heart, Reika. Yes one of Yusuke’s sisters. I just can’t help it! She’s beautiful and cute. I have also a bit of a weakness for girls with glasses. She’s the smarter of her siblings but she’s not much of a fighter.

I can’t believe Jin and even Hiei have someone to love. HIEI of all people found someone before me. I know I seem spiteful but I’m more shocked. I thought it’d take him forever to find a woman. What with his bad attitude and disposition and all.

I pushed a button on my desk, calling for my assistant George. “You rang, Koenma sir?” he asked, a pile of files and papers in his arms.

“I’m going for a walk George.” I said, getting up. I felt…heavy. Yeah. That’s the best way to explain it.

“What about all your paperwork? Its not gonna sign itself, sir!” the blue ogre panicked as I walked passed him.

“Trust me ogre, I just need a break. I’ll be back in a few.” was all I said as the door closed behind me. I sometimes wondered if people ever really took me seriously. I guess I seem more authoritative in my older form. I can’t really blame them.

As I made my way to the Gardens of the Palace, all that I could think of was Reika. The only one that knew of my feelings for Reika was Kurama, I figured he could help me. After all, tons of girls love him. And he won the heart of a drop dead gorgeous Succubus.

He told me that I should just tell her how I feel. Easier said then done…much easier. Whenever she looks at me, I freeze! I wish I had Kurama’s confidence in this area. Why’s something like this have to be so difficult?!

I sat down on a stone bench and took a deep, relaxing breath. “Well, worrying about it won’t make the situation any easier.” I told myself.

*End of the Sensui Arc*
I believe I can say I’ve hit Rock Bottom. I know the choice I made was in the best interest of the Human World. But now I don’t have a home to go to. As they say, ‘You dig you own grave.’

As everyone began going there separate ways, Someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned my attention to whoever it was behind me. “R-Reika?” My entire body grew tense.

“Hey there Koenma.” she said, smiling kindly to me. “I wanted to say, thank you for risking so much for the safety of my friends and family.” she stated.

‘Man, I feel like a nervous schoolboy.’ But, as my eyes connected with hers, I felt all my worries subside. “I wasn’t any problem, Reika.” I told her, feeling somewhat calm now.

“I know you sacrificed a lot with that choice. And well, with how your dad’s taking it, you can stay with me if you want.” I couldn’t believe what I had just heard.

Reika had recently bought a small home, it wasn’t far from where the rest of her family lived. “You’d let me live with you?” I asked, shocked at what she just asked.

“It’s the least I can do. I’m about to see one of my best friends roughing it out in the streets. In fact, I’m not taking no for an answer, mister!” she added, crossing her arms for added measure.

“Alright. Thanks Reika, it means a lot.” I said, smiling warmly.

Its been about four months since Reika let me move in. ‘Should I tell her?’ I wondered as I was walking home. Sure, it may not be some monumental palace, but it the one thing that my old home didn’t; Reika Urameshi. That alone made it all the better.