Chapter One

"Class dismissed. Be careful on your way home!"

The classroom was filled with unnecessary chitchats when the bell of the school rang. Everyone seemed to be excited in going home, and this is one of the rare times that I could relate to them.

I am excited to leave as well since I got a call from the owner of the nearby convenience store, saying that the person who's supposed to man the cashier was sick. She contacted me so that I could cover the shift for today. Seems like the heavens are siding with me.

"Wait, Suna. I have something to discuss with you."

I was just about to leave the classroom when Sir Hana called out to me. Hala, sana naman huwag na siyang makipagchikahan sa akin nang matagal. I can't be late. I must leave a good impression to the owner for her to continue hiring me in the distant future.

No one seemed to notice that our classroom adviser talked to me, except for Uriel who was just packing his things. He looked at me as if I've done something wrong. "This is the second time that Sir Hana called for you. Ano na namang ginawa mo?" He accused me.

"Nothing." I denied as I shook my head frantically.

"Nothing, my butt. Don't even try to drag my name with you just because we sit next to each other. I have nothing to do with you, freak!" He glared at me. Nilabasan pa niya ako ng mga pangil.

Hindi na nakakagulat iyon dahil ganyan ako batiin ni Uriel tuwing umaga. Titignan niya ako nang masama na para bang gusto niya ako patayin sa pagmamahal. Isn't he sweet?

For some reason, he dislikes me. He doesn't even acknowledge me as a human being, and he refuses to address me by my name. But he has a lot of endearments for me such as nerd, freak, dork, etc.

"Bye, Uriel!"

I waved him goodbye, but my seatmate only rolled his eyes to me before flouncing out of the room. Naiwan naman ako sa loob ng klase kasama si Sir Hana, na noo'y ninenerbyos sa pwesto niya.

"Bakit po, Sir Hana? May chika ka?"

He cleared his throat. "About what happened yesterday... Can you possibly keep everything a secret?" Sir Hana placidly requested.

"By everything..." I trailed. "Are you perhaps referring to the fact that you have a fetish for flowers and a crazy obsession to pink?"

Nagtakip siya ng mukha. "Huwag mo naman akong ipahiya."

"Huwag kang mag-alala, Sir Hana. Your secret shall be safe with me until the day I die." I said in a reassuring tone. "Sa totoo lang, kating kati na po akong magkwento kay Uriel kanina kaso ayaw niya akong pansinin. May mens po yata."

Uriel really gets ticked off when I talk to him. I wonder why.

"You almost spilled the beans to him, huh?" Napangiwi naman si Sir Hana sa kwento ko. "Should I be glad that Uriel hates you?"

"Uriel doesn't hate me, Sir." I quickly corrected him. "He's sweet in his own way. We're good friends." Well, at least that's what I think.

Out of frustration, Sir Hana removed his glasses then shoved his face against his hands. Iniisip ba niyang ipagkakalat ko kung gaano siya ka-girly? Well, I was surprised at first so I thought to share it with Uriel, but my shock has already subsided.

"I won't tell anyone, Sir Hana." I convinced him by raising a thumb. "I already discussed it with a rock. I usually talk to rocks when I want to confide a secret. It's effective."

I blinked twice when he laughed at my words. "Do you even realize how weird you are, Suna?" His eyes squinted in amusement. "Why do I feel glad that you're the one who discovered my true self?"