The End

"Sinong mas gwapo sa aming dalawa?"

I glanced over my daughter who seemed bothered by the two men clinging on her. Poor child. Every time they come over to visit us, they keep on pestering her. Aera is shy and meek as a kid, and she doesn't like being forced to talk.

"Please don't trouble my child any further." I interrupted then carried my poor girl, who instantly buried her face on my shoulder.

Lars snorted. "We're not troubling her."

"Yes." Genesis said in agreement. "Tinatanong lang namin siya kung sinong mas gwapo sa amin."

"Don't ask her questions like that." Tinignan ko silang dalawa nang masama. "I don't want her to grow up being too particular in appearances and judging people by their looks."

Genesis looked at my brother. "Lagot ka kay Mama Suna!"

"What? You're the one who asked the kid!"

Napailing na lang ako sa kanila. Nagsisihan pa nga.

Still carrying Aera in my arms, I went to the kitchen where I found my mother cooking and preparing with my sister Lucy.

"May maitutulong ba ako?" I offered.

Lucy waved her hand. "Kami na bahala rito. Aalis kayo, hindi ba? Kaya na namin magluto ni Tita." She gave me a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure?" paniniguro ko.

"Anak, kami na nga ang bahala." singit ni Mama na noo'y nilalaro ang anak ko. "Why are you still here? Baka ma-traffic kayo."

"Paalis na rin kami." I replied then turned to my sister. "Si Kuya Haru, makakapunta ba mamaya?"

"Pupunta raw siya, pero baka late na siya makarating."

"That's fine. We'll be off, then."

Hinalikan ko muna silang dalawa sa pisngi bago ko buhatin si Aera pabalik sa sala. Sina Genesis at Lars naman, nagbabangayan parin. I paid no heed to them and talked to my daughter.

"Love, do you know where we're going today?"

"To visit Daddy." She innocently answered, her eyes round and full of wonder. Aera showed me a piece of paper that she had in her pocket. "Aera wrote a letter to him."

I ran my fingers through her hair. "That's great. Make sure to give him that later, okay? Matutuwa iyon." I encouraged her.

She shyly nodded her head then held the letter dearly, as if her life depended on it. I couldn't help but pinch her cheek. She's so adorable!

Tumawag naman ako sa ospital kung saan ako nagtatrabaho at ipinaalala ko sa kanila na hindi ako makakapasok. Nakipagpalit ako ng shift sa isa kong kasamahang nurse para maging bakante ako ngayong araw.

And yes, I really did take nursing and passed the board exams. He wanted me to be a nurse. I guess Uriel was right when he told me that it suits me. I enjoy taking care of other people.

I'm glad that I took his suggestion.

"Aalis na kami." paalam ko sa dalawang tanga.

Genesis panicked. "Sasama ako!"

"Tama 'yan, lumayas ka na." sabi naman ni Lars.

Nauna na akong lumabas kasama si Aera at mabilis naman na humabol si Genesis sa amin nang makuha niya ang susi ng kanyang sasakyan. Pumasok na ako sa Ford Ranger niya at sa backseat kami umupo ng anak ko.

Genesis pointed out. "Mukhang uulan. May payong ka ba?"

I simply nodded my head in response.

True enough, it was only a matter of seconds when the heavy downpour of the rain showered us. As he revved the engine to life, Genesis made small talks on the way to the cemetery. Medyo traffic pero hindi naman gano'n katagal ang naging biyahe namin.