Law And Order: Special Victims Unit

The fallen leaves of October were soaked in rain, coated in mud, soon to be the dead pulp that the earthly insects and worms would feast upon.

Alas, the grey skies and shorter days were signs to everyone that summer was officially over and the cold nights were making themselves welcome.

On a Sunday evening, Alex was gazing upon his window pane, which was speckled with raindrops. He wasn't really focusing on anything - his mind was in another place. Drifting and drifting, his abstract thoughts morphed into the face Alex tried to forget. Morphed into the memory that Alex tried to eradicate from his brain. Tom, his smile fading and a grimace taking its place.

The embarrassment. Alex shivered and squirmed. He hadn't talked to Tom during the summer and has had barely enough social time since the start of the year. Alex had been stressed about so much already. How could his little heart take on another hurt? Why was there always a space in Alex's life for Tom to fill in?

Alex had made a mistake. He took advantage of the situation to try to use Tom. This was wrong. And Alex, he had to make it right.

Alex took a deep sigh. Monday tomorrow and instead of feeling the typical dread - he felt hope for maybe, just maybe, things could be the way they were supposed to be.

* * *

In the common room, people were gathered in their cliques, catching up on weekends and doing last minute homework.

Alex was on his phone, playing Fruit Ninja™. He was rather enjoying himself. A blonde girl hovered over to Alex.
'heylo'

'hey' Alex replied.

Holly sat down and took out her own phone. In her oversized grey cardigan, she looked as if she could roll back into bed. After a few minutes of quiet gameplay, Alex turned to Holly.

"hey you're quite a likable person."
"i think so" Holly said, straightening up in her seat.
"well, maybe you could help me out. Do you remember how Tom would hang out with our group from time to time? And ever since June 15th at 8:25 am, he completely avoids us?

" yeah that's cuz you asked him to suck your dick"
"holyy not so loud' Alex looked around to check for judgemental looks.

"look, I was thinking about making things right and - you know - just making it so he can at least talk to us. Don't you want that too?"
"No. I never really liked Tom."

Alex sighed, Alex was the only one to understand Tom and his perverted ways.

"but, I like you Alex and you deserve to be not miserable." Holly put her hand on Alex shoulder. "I'll help you out."

~~~~~~~~~~~Alex and drugs~~~~~~~~~~~

Holly had BTS, Harry Potter, marjiplier, ponic! At the disco and jih dies at the end posters plastered all over her bedroom walls. The only light came from the orange glow of Holly's dresser lamp. The curtains were drawn and Holly led Alex into her cupboard.

"you can sit next to shrek" Holly pointed to a 3 foot shrek plushie. It was smiling.

Alex awkwardly sat himself down and Holly closed the cupboard doors.

"I searched love potions on amazon" Holly made herself comfortable between old blankets and various gadgets and nik naks she had abandoned over the years. "I ordered the most expense drugs I could find, 'cause, I figured, if they charge you £100 for it, it must be the real stuff right?"

Alex anxiously watched as Holly pulled out a zip lock bag of multicoloured pills. Alex would have been slightly intrigued if Holly wasn't holding the bag with only her index finger and thumb.