The first meet.

On the eve of my 15th birthday , I had the pleasure of taking Bernard for a walk. It was around 7:30. The sunlight had vanished and it was the first Lorde single of the night. 400Lux. Did I mention it was really cold? It was.

Walking this dog was always a hassle. I knew that I'd have to walk for 20 minutes while going back. I lived in Dubai. It's freakish hot during summers and pretty cold in the winters. If you're lucky , it might rain.

I'd finished walking Bern and I was starting to walk back home when I heard this girl shout and call out to me. I turned around.

Hmm. Red hair. Around my height and almost meant that she was around my age as well. Now you're probably thinking 'See this is why men are dogs' but before you go forward and say it out loud , Know this , She was cute. Like amazingly cute. Her hair fell into straights and her eyes were crystal blue. She was wearing a purple winter coat which made her eyes really stand out.

"Hey , Umm , Can you help me?" She said. I saw her dog running around her in circles. Entangling her in its chain.

"Who me? Oh sure."I blurted out. Wishing I could take it back.

I grabbed one end of the change and I rotated it around her. And in a couple of seconds I got her free.

"Thanks! I was beginning to worry I'd have to walk all the home with this beast. What's your name?"

"I'm Chris. Are you new 'round here? I haven't seen you around these parts of town."

"Yea. My family just moved here from Canada. I'm Emily by the way.Emily Harper. Is that Lorde you're listening to?" She asks pointing towards my iPod.

"Yea.400 Lux. You know her music?" I ask

"I'm a fan"

Her phone rings. Guess what. Her ringtone was Team. She talked she was talking to a parent. I decided to shut up and wait.

"I've gotta go before my dad sees me talking to a boy. My mom just called saying that he's coming for a walk here. He's pretty strict about this stuff. He thinks that every guy I talk to is my boyfriend!"

I laugh. It's funny how this girl talked."

"Oh okay. Where do you live by the way?" I needed to ask her before she walked away.

"Right there. Burjuman. Opal 105" She said pointing to my building.

Now that shook me. Partly because I was nervous and partly because of the excitement. She lived in my building.

How is it that the prettiest girl I've met happened to live on the same floor as me? Damn.

"Wow. That's my building too. Hello there neighbor. Let's walk together?" I told her , jumping at the first chance I got."

I had a long walk ahead of me. This might make it better. A cute girl and our two dogs. Wow. This better be fun.

400 Lux had now changed to Bravado.