My 'Happy' Birthday

Before we go any further into this story there's something you should know my family and parents.
My family would be the definition of being "dysfunctional". My mom and dad got divorced when I was 10. My dad left and my mom wasn't really much of one. She remarried the next year and she ended up marrying a complete dick.
Okay now that's out of the way , Let's continue.
----------------------------------------------
So I come to my front door and the doors are locked. I check under the carpet for the super secret spare keys and they weren't there.
Bernard was tired too. He kept falling down after every 20 steps.
I thought my mom must've gone out somewhere and forgotten to call and tell me.
Just fantastic.
I guessed the option I've got is to wait. I think about tonight's experience. I don't think that meeting Emily was a coincidence. I think it means something. But then again I'm also the guy who believed that eating watermelon seeds would make a plant grow inside my body.
I think about Emily. Her voice ringing in my head. Her face with the perfect curve. Her eyes being the best green they could be. Her hair with the fiery red. God , Her hair.
Her words popped in my hair.
'"Strawberry Slips"'
'"Sure you will'"
"'Your dog has a nice collar."'
Wait. What did she mean by that? I grab Bernard's leash. I check his collar and sure enough.
I find a piece of paper with some a phone number on it.

I think what the hell and get my phone out. My heartbeat goes out the roof while I dial the number and my palms are sweaty. Heck , even Bernard comes up to me and sits down.

'Hey! It took you soo long to get the note?' She picks up and says.
'Nice hint. Why am I even calling you? You're in the same building as me.'
'I don't know man. I thought you were cute and thought giving you your number would get us talking again'
'Well it worked. So how was the Starbucks?' I said.
'Meet me on the rooftop now.' She hangs up.