Chapter 12 - Epilogue 1

"Did you have a good day at work, (Y/N)" Stefan smiled at you from behind the kitchen counter, you nodded and slumped down on the stool at the breakfast bar, placing your bag on the side. You glanced around your kitchen, Stefan had just recently paid for it to be refurbished, it needed to be extended too due to your ever-growing family.

"Work was hectic but the kids at school actually listened to me today." You smiled at Stefan, you had taken a position at Mystic Falls High as a teacher, an (Favourite Subject) teacher. Stefan had been working hard too, he had decided to join the police force, it was something new for him to do and he loved doing it.

"I'm glad. I've got dinner in the oven, the kids are outside playing." Stefan gestured to the french patio doors, you could see your two beautiful children in the garden. Your daughter (Y/D/N) was playing on the swings, her (H/C) platted pigtails swinging wildly. Your son, (Y/S/N) was climbing up the tree in the garden to reach the newly built treehouse that sat at the top of the tree. You felt Stefans arms reach around you, his hands gently touching your growing bump.

"Has she been causing havoc for you today?" Stefan asked as he moved his hand on your bump, you could feel your daughter inside kick furiously at the fact Stefan was touching the bump.

"Heartburn. All day!" You turned to face Stefan, he kissed your lips, it was a quick kiss, gentle but passionate. "That makes it feel a little better, but so would an anti-acid, do we have any?" You smiled, Stefan chuckled and made his way to the medicine cabinet. You heard little feet behind you...

"Mummy!" Your daughter shouted excitedly, her arms reached out for you and you knelt down on the floor to receive her affection. You couldn't believe your daughter had turned 4 this year and your son... he had turned 6 this year.

"Hey sweetie!" You kisses your daughters forehead softly. "Did you have a good day with Uncle Damon and Auntie Elena?" You asked, before you received your answer you spotted your son at the door. He walked over to you and wrapped his arms around your shoulders.

"We missed you mummy." He said softly, you pulled him into a massive hug, along with your daughter.

"I missed you both." You said.

"Uncle Damon was showing us pictures of daddy when he was younger, he looked funny." Your daughter giggled.

"I thought I destroyed all of those." You heard Stefan say behind you, Stefan helped you to your feet. "Here's your anti-acid." He handed you a small tablet which you took immediately. "So, I bought some popcorn and chocolate from the store on the way home, who wants to watch a movie?" The kids eyes lit up. "Whoever gets to the sofa first, gets to choose!" Stefan grinned, you watched all three of them play wrestle and tickle fight on their quest to sit on the sofa first. Leaning against the kitchen counter you couldn't stop smiling. Who knew that coming to Mystic Falls would have given you everything you had ever wanted... and more.