Part 13: Father Vs Son

"Father?...What is all this?!" Adrien asked confused and a little scared.

His father didn't respond as he was too scared to answer.

"You've been hiding something from me! What is it father? Tell me!" Adrien demanded frightening Gabriel a little more.

His father sighed "I guess I can't keep it from you any longer..."

He started explaining "Remember when your mother and I went to China?"

"Of course, that's when mother disappeared or so you said..." Adrien said unimpressed with his father's lie.

His father continued "Well, during that trip, we went to this old palace that I assume was destroyed long ago, and we came across two Miraculouses..." he said, making Adrien feel a bit more suspicious.

"We also came across this book that explained everything about the Miraculouses." His father said which made Adrien gasp as he remembered the time he took it out of his safe.

His father continued "Once we knew more about these Miraculouses, Emilie insisted we use them for good, but I was pretty hesitant about it since we couldn't understand the book."

"The chinese lessons..." Adrien whispered.

"But she used one of the Miraculouses anyway, and while I still wasn't crazy about the whole thing, I still let her use it because she just loved fighting crime and helping others, I never seen her this happy in such a long time." Gabriel smiled.

But then I noticed something..." He then said.

*FLASHBACK*

Gabriel was just on the balcony of the of the hotel they were staying at, looking at the lovely view when her wife suddenly walked beside him.

"Oh hey honey, I-... Are you ok?" Gabriel asked as he noticed his wife coughing.

"That Miraculous isn't making you sick, is it?" He then asked.

"Nah, I-I'm... sure it's nothing, Gabriel." Emilie chuckled while continuously coughing.

*FLASH FORWARD*

"We both assumed it was just a cold, until one night..." Gabriel said.

*FLASHBACK*

"Gabriel..." Emile said weakly to her husband, getting his attention before she dropped to her knees and started coughing blood.

"EMILIE!" Gabriel shouted running towards her before trying to hold her up.

*FLASH FORWARD*

"I took her home early without you knowing and put her to rest... I'll never forget the last words she said to me..." Gabriel kept explaining much to Adrien's disgust.

*FLASHBACK*

"Take care of our boy,...Gabriel... Our little kitty needs you just as much I did..." Emilie said quietly before she closed her eyes, leaving Gabriel, Nathalie and the bodyguard in tears.

Gabriel then walked away and went to his office with the peacock Miraculous.

He looked at it for one second and gasped as he realized it was damaged.

Assuming that's what caused his wife's sickness, his sadness turned to anger and he threw it in frustration.

Then he stopped for one second, looked at the book and grabbed the other Miraculous they were keeping for a while.

*FLASH FORWARD*

"I put on the other Miraculous to see if there was any way to bring her back, and once I did, I became desperate..." Gabriel said with total regret.