Chapter 1: Good Morning

READ THE AUTHOR NOTES THEY ARE IMPORTANT

traaash's A/N: 

im back with another fanfic that i actually have finished in my drafts :) (updates twice a month, like cyber assassin)

this is a fanfic based on a tumblr webtoon, "haikyuu at 3am". please go and check it out and support the original author.

DISCLAIMER: Images, dialogue and plot all belong to the author of haikyuu at 3am which you can find here: http://03xlimit.tumblr.com/

this fanfic contains mentions of depression, anxiety, suicide, drug abuse, mental and physical abuse and a slight bit of gore... please do not read if this makes you uncomfortable.

[]

Time Master's A/N:

Hello dreamers! First off, I would like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for following this blog/comic. I actually didn't expect that many people to be interested–so that's pretty cool. I am so thankful for this support!!

A few notes first...

This comic is not always happy and involves some dark themes that may or may not be limited to:

-depression and anxiety

-suicide

-drug abuse

-mental and physical abuse

This comic is not always sad and does have silver linings, but those are some themes I want you all to be aware of. You have been warned.

Also, whenever I can I will update this comic at least twice weekly when I am not busy with school. Usually during school breaks.

Again, thank you for the support! Enjoy this tragedy with me and I will continue it as best as I can.

[]

bold and italics are the original author's comments on the chapters

italics are flashbacks

bold are my comments :D

Enjoy!

[]

Chapter 1: Good Morning

And here starts Daichi's adventure in which he learns how to wake up.

Hopefully. 

[]

All Daichi could see was black. He could faintly hear the ticking of a clock in the abyss. A cheery voice broke through the silence, waking Daichi up.

"Wow! 12am, come here! I found a Limit!" It seemed like a teenage boy's voice and Daichi could see an orange blur hovering above him.

"Ohoho? Is it dying?" Another male voice chimed in, the sound of footsteps nearing Daichi.

"I don't see its countdown..." The younger male's voice said as Daichi blinked to clear his vision.

Daichi sat up with a jolt, panic flooding his senses. He felt a hand on his shoulder as someone crouched next to him. The male's black hair was swept up in a rooster hairdo, some of it covering their right eye. They wore clear glasses and had a thin silver ring around their head. There was someone hovering behind them, orange hair exploding around their face. They wore the same outfit at the rooster-haired male but they had a different number on their shirt. Daichi realised that they had different numbers on their shirts, probably signifying something.

"You're going to die if you don't wake up. You can't stay here." The rooster-haired male said, urgency evident in their voice. Daichi started to tremble with fear, confusion in his dark brown eyes.

"Wake up? I am awake! What-" Daichi started to say before the rooster-haired male cut him off.

"Don't ask questions. Just wake up. We're trying to save you." 

"12am, stop. It might be attached..." The other person said, making '12am' frown.

"Crap...That's what's making everything so difficult. 9am, call for backup." They paused to think before turning to Daichi. "Tell us exactly who you saw before you went under."

"Wait, I still don't know what's going on-" Daichi stuttered out, trying to stand on shaky legs.

"You're in a coma...and there is something keeping you here." They said, making Daichi freeze.

[ ]

"Where is...here?" Daichi asked, looking around.

He could hear water dripping somewhere in the distance, accompanied by the ticking of the clock.

"We're Dream Catchers and we're here to protect your dreams from nightmares!" The orange haired teen exclaimed, sparkles seeming to appear around their face.

"You're in Knowhere and this is a place where 'Limits' do not exist." The rooster-haired male said, a scowl on their face.

Daichi felt a wave of anxiety run through him before he managed to stutter out, "I...I don't remember going to sleep...I never went to sleep!"

The cawing of a crow made him flinch, Daichi faintly remembering another person's face. That person had silver hair and was wearing the same clothes as '9am' and '12am'. His breathing started to become shorter, his body trembling in fear. Daichi could feel a faint touch on his arm as he tried to convince himself that he was okay.

"I am awake! I am okay!"

"You are a limit...You are not made to live here." He heard 9am's voice, calm and sympathetic, a complete opposite to their sunny personality earlier. "The pain of staying here isn't worth it."

The unspoken words hung in the air as 12am looked away.

'It's dangerous.'

[ ]

"12am! 9am! What's going on here?! I thought you were all at the palace-" Another male's voice could be heard from the sky as they all looked up.

Someone was sitting on a crow, their face shadowed by the cloak they were wearing. They leapt down, the crow flying away. They were about Daichi's height, the number '03' being seen on their shirt. 

They walked up to Daichi, who was lying on the floor and staring down at him. They froze, the world turning into silence.

Their mouth opened, one word being stuttered out.

"No..."