Chapter 7

"Well, I'm going up to bed." I announce as the credits start rolling at the end of the about third movie we had watched that night.

I nudge Ben, who is asleep on my shoulder, his arm draped over my shoulders his hand 'accidentally'  resting on my left breast.

He begins to groan, pulling his arm away and stretching. "What time is it?" He moans, rubbing his eyes.

"One." I reply, ruffling his hair.

He gets up, turns around, leans in and gives me a hug. "Night, L." He mumbles in my ear in a tired manner and walks away, stumbles slowly up the stairs. I lean forward to Rick who is happily perched between my legs, his head resting on my thigh as he snores softly.

"Rick, honey. It's one AM." I whisper in a motherly like tone in his ear. "But I don't wanna get up, it's so nice here." He nestles his head in between my legs even closer to my lady treasure chest.

"Get the fuck up you horny little spider monkey!" I playfully slap him over the head and he chuckles lazily, standing up.

"Catcha babe." He shoots me a sly wink and slinks back up the stairs still half asleep. I giggle at him and turn to Ash.

"Well, goodnight." I say, standing up and walking away.

"Wait, Lara!" He calls after me. I turn on my heel and raise an eyebrow at him.

"Yes, Ashtyn?"

"Don't call me that."

"Don't try to run my life." I smirk and he chuckles.

"What were you gonna say?" I take us back to the main point.

"Oh nothing. Just that there's a Fare on in a few days and I signed you up for the kissing booth. No biggy." He shrugs as if it's nothing.

"You did what?!" I whisper-yell at the boy.

"I'm sorry what." He pretends like nothing happened.

"Ash!" I whine.

"Oh come on Laz, it's nothing, really. You get to play tonsil tag with guys for money! It's like being a pre teen prostitute!"

"That's not funny Ash! All of the nerds that can't get any go to those things." I stamp my foot like a child.

"Just do it Lara, it won't be that bad." He narrows his eyes back to the tv and holding the controller up to change the channel off AV.

"But what if I catch something like rabbies!"

He turns to me and raises an eyebrow. "I doubt you will."

"I'm not doing it Ash."

"I'll bring the football team up."

"All of them?" I raise my eye brow.

"All of them."

"Our schools football team."

"Yes Lara, our schools football team."

I consider it for a minute. "Even Heath Fletcher."

"He rolls his eyes. "Yes."

"Deal." I hold out my hand to him and he takes it, firmly shaking it as a sign of accepting the deal. I pull my hand away from his. "Well I'm off to bed then. Walking around like a stripper all day is haaaaard work." I wink at him, turn on my heel and walk up the stairs, shaking my ass for a bit of affect.

I hear him laugh quietly as he continues to flip through the channels on the TV.

I stand behind the small wooden bench, standing up straight and looking at the line that stretched for ages.