CHAPTER FIVE

"Valkyrie!" Banner greeted to a girl, who Nikki did assume was named Valkyrie. She looked around her, she was told by Bruce that Thanos attacked their ship, killing half of the Asgardians, and they didn't have a home. The current place they lived in wasn't that great, but Nikki guessed that they were thankful for it.

"Great to see you, Angry girl." Bruce greeted, giving her a hug. Valkyrie eyed bruce up and down, eyeing his new form. "I think I liked you better either of the other ways." she commented, making Bruce chuckle. "Um, so this is Rocket." he pointed down to the raccoon. "How ya doin'?" he asked, waving. "This is Nikki." he pointed to her, who just gave a shy wave which Valkryrie returned back.

"He wont see you." Valkyrie said, straight to the point. Bruce shook his head in dismay. "That bad, huh?" he questioned, looking over to the  place he assumed Thor was. "We only see him once a month. When he comes out for... uh..." Valkyrie trailed off, looking at barrels of beers that were scattered near the crib Thor lived in. "Supplies." she muttered. Nikki looked sadly at how much barrels were in there, Thor was really taking this badly.

Banner didn't take any chances, though. He walked towards Thor's place. As Bruce opened the door, Rocket immediately held his hand to his nose. "Woo!" he exclaimed. "Smells like something died in here." he commented, walking inside. "Hello?" Bruce paused. "...Thor?"

"Are you here about the cable? The Cinemax ran out two weeks ago, and, sports were all kind of fuzzy..." Thor trailed off, not looking at them. When he did, his face lit up almost immediately. "Boys! Daughter of Stark! My god, how you've been?"

Nikki looked up at Thor, quite surprised on how he looked like. His strong frame was gone, and his fit abs were replaced by a... beer belly. Thor had just.. let himself go.

"Come here, you little rascal!" Thor exclaimed, messing with Rocket's fur. The creature let out a groan and a sigh of annoyance. "No, I'm good. I'm good. That's not necessary !" he exclaimed. Thor chuckled a bit before looking back at Bruce. "Hulk, you know my friends, Miek, Korg, right?" he asked, pointing to them. Nikki looked confused as she saw the creatures, but after everything that she's seen so far, she realised that nothing can be crazier anymore. 

"Hey, guys. Long time no see. Beer's on the bucket. Feel free to log on to the wi-fi. No password, obviously." the creature that was made out of rocks stated. He smiled at the three visitors, before proceeding to play the game that was on the T.V again. Nikki looked at the T.V with so much confusion. Was that fortnite?

"Thor, he's back. That kid on the TV who's called me a dickhead again." the rock creature complained, making Thor advert his gaze to him once again. "Noobmaster69?" The creature nodded, removing the piece he had in his ear and handed it to Thor. "Yeah, Noobmaster69."

Thor violently ripped the earpiece from Korg. "Noobmaster. Hey, it's Thor again. You know, the God of Thunder? Listen, buddy. If you don't log off this game immediately I'm gonna fly home to your house, come down to that basement you're hiding in, rip off your arms then shove them up your butt!" Thor exclaimed. Nikki looked up in surprise, unsure how to react whether she'll laugh, or just shut up. There were a few sobs that came from the phone, which made Thor start laughing. "Oh, that's right. Yes, go cry to your father, you little weasel!"

"Thank you, Thor." Korg stated before taking the earpiece back. " Let me know if he bothers you again, okay?"

"Thank you very much. I will."

"So you guys want a drink? What are you drinking? We have beer, tequila, all sorts of things." Thor offered, taking a seat down on a chair. Bruce worriedly looked at his old friend at what he's become. "Buddy, are you allright?" he questioned, standing over Thor. 

"Yes, I'm fine! Why, don't I look all right?" Thor questioned, motioning to his very... chubby body. "You look like melted ice cream." Nikki told Thor, whose facial expression didn't change. "So... whats up?" he asked. 

"We need your help. There might be a chance we could fix everything." Banner started. Thor stood up from his chair, his drunk self falling a little bit to the side. "What, like the cable? 'Cause that's been driving me bananas for weeks." Thor complained.

"Like Thanos." Banner stated seriously. The happy look that was on Thor's face was instantly replaced by an angry one. "Don't say that name." he grumbled, taking a few steps towards Bruce. Nikki made her way towards the god of thunder, putting her hand on him for comfort. She had lost one of the people she had cared about the most because of Thanos, and all she wanted to do right now was to be there for Thor. 

"Um, yeah. We don't actually say that name in here." Korg spoke out, proceeding to divert is attention back to his game. 

"Now, I know that... guy might scare you." Bruce started. Thor laughed at his sentence, shaking his head. "Why would I be? Why would, why would I be scared of that guy?" he started. "I'm the one who killed that guy, remember? Anyone else here killed that guy?"

"Nope. Didn't think so."

"Korg, why don't you, tell everybody who chopped Thanos' big head off." Thor told Korg, who just looked around confused. "Umm... Stormbreaker?"

"Now, who's swinging Stormbreaker?"

"I get it. You're in a rough spot, okay?" Banner started. "I've been there myself. You wanna know who helped me out of it?"  he asked, looking at Thor.

"I don't know. Is it... Natasha?"

"It was you. You helped me." Banner smiled. Thor just shook his head in dismay. "Why don't you ask the Asgardians down there, how much my help was worth." he muttered. "The ones that are left, anyway."

"That's just it, Thor." Nikki told him. "There's a chance that we will get them back. And we need your help." she pressed.

"Stop. Just, stop... I know you think I'm down here wallowing in my own self-pity, waiting to be rescued and and saved. But I'm fine, okay? We're fine, aren't we?" Thor asked his two friends, who gave the three visitors thumbs ups. "Nah, all good here, mate!"

"So, whatever it is that you're offering, we're not into it, don't care, couldn't care less." Thor dismissed, waving his hand. "Goodbye."

"We need you, pal." Banner tried once again.

"There's beer on the ship." Nikki suddenly blurted out. Thor's eyes brightened.

"What kind?"