CHAPTER SIX

Nikki walked into the compound, with Banner, Rocket, and Thor trailing behind her. It was a few hours after they had left and the sun was still shining brightly from the windows. "Ratchet, how's it going?" Rocket looked up in annoyance when he had heard Tony. " It's Rocket.Take it easy. You're only a genius on Earth, pal." Nikki started to laugh, running towards her dad with a big smile on her face. "We got Thor, but I must tell you, he changed a lot.."she trailed off, looking towards the god of thunder's direction. Tony watched in surprise as he absorbed Thor's current state.

Tony led Nikki towards a room where the suit they had manufactured was in. The girl looked in surprise as she stared at the suit that was now fully assembled. She was only gone for a few hours, and it took a very long process when they first tried to assemble the suit, days even. Nikki looked proudly at her dad who had a giant smirk on his face. "That fast, huh?" she chuckled, examining the suit. "Yup." Tony replied.

"Hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy!" Scott shouted out, causing the pair to look at the man. "I'm being very careful." Bruce replied, holding some particles in one hand. Scott sighed, looking at the man once again with a very annoyed look on his face. "No, you're being very Hulky." he replied, taking the particles away from him.

"I'm being careful." Bruce persisted. The annoyed look never left Scott's face as he went to face the man once more. "These are Pym particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." he snapped.

Nikki looked behind her, not interested in the conversation anymore. To her surprise, she saw a person who she hasn't seen since the big fight Tony and Steve had over the accords. With a curious look, she started to make her way towards Clint.

"Hey, Clint." she greeted, looking at the man. Like Thor, Clint changed a lot. He was usually a warm man who always had a smile on his face, but now he was secretive and dark. Nikki had heard about what Clint was doing for the past few years, and it hurt her heart to hear that Thanos' snap had a really harsh effect on everyone.

"Hey, Nikki." the man replied in a cold tone, looking at her. "You've grown since the last time I saw you." he commented. Nikki chuckled, placing her arms on her chest. "Last time you saw me, you tried to kill me." she reminded. "Touche," Clint mumbled.

"I'm not ready for this." Scott commented, shifting around nervously in the suit that Tony and Nikki had designed. "I'm game. I'll do it." Clint spoke out ,walking away from the wall he had leaned on a few minutes back, walking towards Scott. Nikki made her way towards them, examining as Clint took the suit from Scott and put it around himself.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chrono shift. Don't worry about it." Nikki commented. Scott looked at Tony in surprise when he heard those words come out of her mouth, she was almost just as smart as her father.

"Wait a second, let me ask you something." Rhodey spoke out. Everybody looked at him, waiting for whatever informtiation he was about to say. "If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know?"

"First of all, that's horrible. It's Thanos. And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future. Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved."

"That's not how it works. Well, that's what I heard."

"What? By who? Who told you that?" Nikki asked, glancing towards Scott's direction. Scott fumbled for a moment before replying. "Star Trek, Terminator, Time Cop, Time After Time, Quantum Leap,  A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time, Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel. Die Hard? No, it's not..."

"But this isn't a movie, Scott. This is real life." Nikki spoke out.

"This is known. I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future."

"And your former present becomes the past." Nikki wondered."Which can't now be changed by your new future..."

"Exactly."

"So Back to the Future's a bunch of bullshit?""

"Again, it's real life. We're not in a movie." Nikki sighed. They all then made their way towards the room where Rocket and Tony were in, fixing the machine. Once everyone was safely underneath the platform, Bruce made his way towards the controller. As the rest of them lined up behind the controller, Clint made his way up the platform.

"Alright Clint, we're going in three, two.... one." Nikki watched as Clint flipped on his helmet, and entered the portal of the quantum realm. Nikki knew that time was different in the realm than in theirs, so it would take a matter of seconds before Clint would come back, but for him it would be a few minutes. "In three, two, one.."

"Ah!' Clint exclaimed, falling back on the platform. His helmet flipped off as Clint groaned, trying to balance himself. Nikki looked at the scene infront of her while Natasha tended to Clint for any possible injuries, holding him tight. "Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?" she questioned, looking at the man if he had any possible wounds. Nikki stood surprised when she had seen Clint smile for the first time that she had seen him.

"Did it work?" Nikki asked, looking at the man. Clint slowly brought up what looked like a baseball mat for everyone to see, the giant smile not leaving his face. "Yeah." he smiled, breathless. Nikki let a huge sigh of relief when the words escaped his mouth. All the effort she and her father had gone through, all the equipment and all the tools they needed were now going to be used to get their loved ones back.

They would do whatever it takes.

-

COLETTE SPEAKS!
i hope you all get the hints sksksks