Chapter 1~New Leafs

In the trees high up of a mountain, lies five cats are in a training gorge. Chaseflight, Sparrowash, Lilypaw, Owlpaw, Cinderpaw. Lilypaw's heart quickened as she heard her favorite training technique, climbing. She was the apprentice who could climb the highest, and soon to be the highest climber of the clan. All she had to do was defeat Stormflight, her mother's brother. Her mother was Silverwind, whose mother is Lilycloud, whose mate is Cloudstar. That means, my kin is the leader! Owlpaw is fast I thought, as I saw her run from one tree to another, jumping, leaping everywhere. Cinderpaw was acting like a girl though, usually. His fur was all smoothed out she-cat style, and he tried to make himself as skinny as possible. Though, I had a little affection for him. Well, you can't call it little because I plan on being mates with him. He also has odd eyes. Red and blue. He was very fascinating. It was my turn to climb up the tree. As I bounced onto the grass, I soared up with my paws sunk into the tree, as I lifted one paw at a time up, my speed gradually increased and I made it to the top of the tree in a few heartbeats. As I was on top of the low, pine tree, I leaped down, landing perfectly on all four paws. "Nice showing off, sister." My sister laughed, nudging my flank to make me flinch. Soon, all of us was exhausted due to training. Of course, because of my sister, we got the fourth piece of the fresh-kill. We shared a plump robin that Cinderpaw caught for us in our den. I settled down on the eagle feathers of my bedding next to Owlpaw's bedding. As we finished, I was a plump relaxed cat ready to sleep. It was nightfall. I closed my eyes, with Owlpaw's back beside my fur. 

I opened my eyes to be found in a lush forest with high oak trees that have green tops. Foward was a small valley fit for a clan, and lay there was many cats. I went closer and was blocked by a Starclan cat. Starclan was a place where our ancestors go when they die, and they lay between the silverpelt at night. "Night...dawn? I stuttered, amazed to find my grandmother's great grandmother."Little one, I have a prophecy for you." She whispered, her voice with stars in it. "Nature is your friend as you adventure" She mistfully whispered. Before I can ask her what that means, I woke up in my nest. 

Owlpaw's POV

"Lilypaw, wake up you lazy snowy furball!" I shouted in her ears. Nothing. Suddenly, her eyes burst open. "Ow... I felt like someone was screaming in my ears for the past night-fall.." She muttered, her voice muffled by sleep. "Yeah! That's because I was!" I yelled at her, soon for her to be dumbfounded. "Oh sorry, I was dreaming of being drowned by leaves." Lilypaw murmured, soon to be wide awake. I bounced out of our cave into the apprentice's circle cave, where the little cave to the left a crazy Cinderpaw came out, bursting with energy. Lilypaw just trotted along with me slowly, while Cinderpaw ran from his den to the elders den. What's with him? 

I heard an earsplitting screech. Lilypaw grabbed me by the scruff and hauled us into the emergency apprentice escape cave. I was shocked as strange cats swarmed into the camp. Lilypaw jumped down the slope, which was too steep and smooth for cats to climb up, while I just followed. Lilypaw ran into a holly bush, while I just followed. "Leaf..clan.." Lilypaw whispered, shivering. "Leafclan? Are those the cats that just invaded us?" I asked, curiously shocked. Lilypaw nodded, as I layed down ready to wait a few sun-downs. Sun-downs are the little movement of the sun going down. Sun-ups are the little movement of the sun going up, however. "Sheep-dung!" I heard Lilypaw furiously say. "I forgot the emergency fresh-kill!" I just sighed. We were under a big-yet protected holly bush. I'm sure many other elders and queens and kits used their escape routes also. However, warriors and the deputy and the leader have to stay. 

Leafstar's POV

It's working! My cats are flooding the mountain cats' camp. As I watched pelts emerge to the clearing, many of the cats were shrieking in anger and surprise. "What brings the sudden attack here?" I looked to where the voice came from, and saw a pure white colored cat with the tip of his tail black, and his eyes green. "Oh, we were just visiting." I mocked, while the cat narrowed his eyes. "Well, thank you for your visit, may you leave?" He joked back. "Sure thing, after my cats claw your ears off." I challenged. "We didn't do anything. We only hunt on the mountains." He protested, while some of my cats fur was bristling. "Fine then. I am Leafstar of Leafclan. Who are you?" "Cloudstar of Mountainclan." "Expect to see a war around, cloud-dung." I screeched, before heading back to our camp. 

Cinderpaw's POV

Hey, its safe now. I guess I can go back to camp. Oh, why not catch a few sparrows while I am at it? Maybe my new sisters would love it. Nah, they are probably shocked under some sort of nature now I guess. Ow. Oh, right, she-cats don't say 'ow.' They just shriek or something. Why was I born as a tom anyways? Who cares. I finally arrived back at camp, where there was a clan meeting. I quickly trotted next to Owlpaw to sit.