2 • too far from comfort

{brendon's pov}

{brendon's pov}

one thing i've learned from getting chicks to hook up, you have to ease into things. hopefully it's the same with dudes.

i have a few classes with ryan, those will probably be my main opportunities to pull his strings. luckily i sit behind him in english.

an idea pops in my head. i rip a piece of paper into the shape of a rectangle, and write "you're cute <3" on it. i fold the note in half and write his name on the outside, then placing it on his desk, waiting for him.

the one minute warning bell rings and ryan still hasn't come to class. what if he's not here today?

as if my thought was a cue, ryan walked into the room. his breathing was loud and heavy and his face had a tint of red to it. i wonder why he's like that.

ryan noticed my folded piece of paper as he placed his books down. he picked it up and unfolded it. a shade of pink dusted his cheeks on top of the red, which was starting to fade.

ryan's eyes scanned the room. he's probably wondering who wrote the letter.

i'm assuming he'd never guess me.

<time skip>

"so..." spencer took a hit, exhaling the smoke. "how's your bet going?"

i shrugged. not anything exciting has happened, which is abnormal for me. "i'm not sure. i wrote an anonymous note to ryan in english."

spencer choked on air. "for real?" he asked, trying to contain his laughter.

i sighed, this isn't going very well. "yes, spence. i wrote him a note. it wasn't the best, but i think i should take this slow."

"brendon. the end of the semester is soon. you need to pick up the pace if you're gonna win against dallon." i rolled my eyes.

"spencer. this bet is harder than any other. i'm not gay, i'm straight. to be honest, i'm not very comfortable doing this dare. i have to have sex with another dude... it's just not my thing." i explained.

"i get that. i won't tell dallon a thing that you said, just so he won't make fun of you or anything." i smiled.

spencer, being the closest friend of mine in our friend group, understood me. he's been my lifelong friend. i can trust him more than anyone else.

~

{391 words}

i'm still forgetting the fact that i have this new book so sorry it took way too long to write this. i'll be on a road trip next week so if i have service, i'll try to write in the car.