3 • let's make a move

{brendon's pov}

{brendon's pov}

ryan walks into english with an expression of deep thinking. i wonder if i should break him from his own thoughts. fuck it, i gotta talk to him eventually.

he walks toward his desk, i smile.

"hey ryan," i said as he sat in his seat. he turned around quickly, eyes bigger than usual. he seems a little nervous.

"oh, hey brendon." by his expression, i can tell he's looking for some words. "um... i have a, um, question." he pauses.

"go ahead," i nervously smile back.

"um, do you know who, um," he pulls the note out of his backpack. "put this on my desk yesterday? sorry this is really weird but you always get here before—"

"yes, in fact i do." i cut his rambling off.

his cheeks quickly became rosy. "uh, could you tell me who it was?" his eyes scanned across the room for possible suspects.

"i could tell you," i dragged on. "or... i can show you."

"w-what do you mean by that?" he asked, trying to figure out what i meant.

i notice one of his hands is naturally under my desk. i intertwine my fingers with his under the desk. this feels so wrong, but it's for dallon.

"does that answer you question?" i gave a charming smile.

his rosy cheeks just went completely red.

"oh... i didn't know you, um... liked guys." he looked up at my eyes.

"i didn't know either" he laughed.

"hey bren, do you want to hang out tonight?" he asked.

"sure, why not" i smiled, a light tint of pink dusted my face. "do you want me to pick you up at 6?"

"that'll work, can i get your number so i can give you my address?"

i nodded, even though i know exactly where he lives. that sounds creepy as fuck, but his house is next door to dallon's.

i scribble down the 10 digits that my number consists of on a small piece of paper, handing it to ryan afterwards.

well he's got my number now.

"thanks," he murmurs, slipping the paper into his pocket.

i smile at him, admiring everything i can see of him now. his brown eyes, how do you not get lost in them?

snap out of it brendon! you're only doing this for dallon!

i loosen my grasp on his hand, taking my hand away completely. ryan turns back around, to face the proper way right before the bell rings to start class.

~

{414 words}

i was in north carolina last week so i kinda forgot to finish writing this chapter, but here it is for you guys :)