C5.

don't forget to vote my lovelies xx it means a lot 😘

Song of the chapter Fast Car by Tracy Chapman

The night at the pub ended on a surprisingly good note. Joel and I walked home together in the short distance between the pub and our apartments. He more stumbling then walking which I couldn't help but laugh over and over again as he tried to not step on the cracks of the pathway.

"Step on the cracks, break your mums back!" He said every 5 seconds.

I finally relax into bed with my black nightie, looking at the ceiling for at least an hour, thinking. I analyse Hero's words about lewis, what exactly did he mean by avoiding him? Its almost like I've had a severe lapse of judgement about this group and choosing to miss something.

Apart of me is excited to see hero tomorrow. I cant help but smile like an idiot of memories of tonight. True laughter coming from my mouth. A feeling that seems so unfamiliar to me. I like it.

Within seconds I'm asleep.

I follow my usual and fitting routine of going to work, putting on a white floral dress with stockings ad boots, along with a warm sheepskin denim jacket to keep me grounded in the insane winter of london. I take one last look at myself and notice myself feeling brighter. Even in the dark weather.

I hold my arms close to my body as the wind is strong and unforgiving at this time of the day. The light ad heat of the shop welcomes me as well as the ages and kind smile of Morrissey.

"Good weekend ey?" He says sitting on a stool behind the counter.

"Very much so" I smile back and begin to sort books and music and begin pricing them for shelves. Working in such a quiet and solitary atmosphere makes me enjoy working. The customers range from children, to teenagers to couples and elderly people. I cant help but count myself lucky for landing this job.

As time passes before I know it, I have ten minutes left of my shift. I gather my things together before doing the last odd jobs for Morrissey.

"You can finish up darling" Morrissey says from the same stool he has been sitting on for the past 5 hours. I grab my jacket and bag and wave to him as i walk out the shop flipping the closing sign me. I look around the front of the shop half expecting to see Hero near by. Perhaps he's late, or even he's forgotten me. My content smile drops at the thought of being slipped through someone's mind. I walk to the alley two shops down from my shop on my way home, and see a matte black Ducati motorbike parked against the wall of the lane. My eyes move to the person standing next to the bike and there Hero is. He's wearing warm weather gear, a black jacket and beanie and black jeans with white sneakers.

His eyes meeting mine and smiling at me. I walk over to the bike with my jaw on the floor practically.

"She is beautiful" I say to hero moving my hand along the engine.

"You ride?" He says in not shock, but definitely with some resistance.

"Ive never had a bike, but I used to...." i say an almost regret it at the memory of who taught me to ride makes an appearance in my mind. He looks at me as I talk almost trying to dig into my thoughts that are locked far away.

"I thought it would be fun to take you out on my baby" he says smiling down at me from the other side of the bike.

"She's yours? Shit" hero laughs.

He passes me one of the helmets that was resting on the top of the bike.

"You know how to use it?" He says sarcastically. I snicker in response and take it from his hands and strap it onto my head in unison with his own.