Getaway

Forced Ties Chapter 8 : Getaway

Taehyung was a mixture of happiness and annoyance. His aunt had called, telling him to babysit his cousin, Aecha, while she and her husband go on a little vacation. Don't get the wrong idea, he loves the baby, but she can be pretty hard to take care of.

He was currently waiting for the arrival of his cousin and Jimin. There was a knock at the door, making Taehyung wonder who it was, until he realized that Jimin would've just unlocked the door.
"Taehyung!" His aunt exclaims when he opened the door for them. "How've you been?" She asked as she entered the house. Taehyung took the baby's bag and car seat from her, then walked her into the living room.
"Work's been keeping me busy like usual," he replies, setting the things down.
"How's your marriage going? Any news of a mini you yet?" His aunt teased.
Taehyung chuckled, "Not yet, but hopefully soon."
His aunt laughed, "I can't wait to see my little nephew start his own family!"
"Ah, well, you won't be waiting long." Taehyung laughs back.
"Yah Taehyungie's so grown up now," she nudged him teasingly. "Anyways, I better get going now. If you need anything, just call me. I'll pick her up in a three days."
"Of course auntie. Don't worry, Aecha will be fine with us," Taehyung assures her as she kisses her daughter goodbye.

As soon as her mother left, Aecha began crying. "Oh no no no, it's okay." Taehyung picked the baby up, waving her elephant plushie in front of her. It was no use, Aecha was still crying. "It's just brother!" He says with a smile, carrying her around the house.

Jimin came home a couple minutes later, confuse as to why Taehyung has a baby in the house. "Where did you get her?"
"She's my cousin, babysitting her for three days," Taehyung says, trying to shush the nonstop crying girl.
"Let me," Jimin takes her from Taehyung. He smiles brightly at her, baby talking, and lightly pinching her cheeks. Oddly enough, Aecha stopped crying. She was still sniffling, but her attention was now on Jimin.
"I used to be so good with kids," Taehyung says, rubbing his head.
"You sure?" Jimin asks before he continues to play peekaboo with Aecha.

It's been a couple of hours now. Jimin has told Taehyung to get ready for bed, and that he'll take care of the baby. Even though Taehyung left, all he could think of is the endless nights of Aecha's crying. Last time he babysat her, she would cry all night. Hearing her laugh and Jimin speaking did make his nerves calm down a bit though. It was ten, usually the time Aecha would begin crying. However, he heard nothing. It was completely silent downstairs.

A few minutes later, Taehyung hears Jimin coming up the stairs. He got out of bed and went over to Jimin's room. "Wow, she's asleep?" Jimin nodded, gently laying the baby on the bed. "How did you get her to sleep? She usually stays up crying all night."
"She probably just doesn't like you," Jimin jokes, then left to get ready for bed.

The next day went by smoothly again. Aecha was super obedient, and seemed to be fond of Jimin very much. Taehyung was getting a bit jealous that his baby cousin likes Jimin better than him. So on the last day, he offered to watch her.

Taehyung brought Aecha to his bedroom, placing her on the bed. She crawled towards the pillows, plopping herself down onto them. "Aww, you must be tired," Taehyung cooed, crawling next to her. She lays down for a couple of seconds before sitting back up with a smile on her face. Aecha babbled noises, clapping her hands and slapping Taehyung's face. He didn't mind it at first, but after many slaps, it began to hurt. "Alright," Taehyung moves away from her. "That's enough hitting for you missy."
Aecha began to whimper, her smile turned into a frown.
"Oh no no, brother's sorry!" Taehyung quickly apologizes, immediately returning to the baby's side. It was no use, she was bawling her eyes out already.
"Taehyung," Jimin called. "What did you do?"
"Nothing! Don't worry about it!" He shouts back, picking Aecha up. He bounced lightly, caressing her head, and sung to her.