3. Han River

After what happened, Jimin urged Taehyung to get out of school immediately, before any teacher would find them. Of course they knew tomorrow was going to be a bad day. The teachers will know eventually.

So they ran away from that place, backpacks on their backs and hands intertwined even after they arrived to their escape place. The Han River. It was the place they used to go frequently when they were around eleven, but their rooms became that frequent place on the last years because there they couldn't get any judgmental stare when they were goofing around or hugging the soul out of them, or holding hands just like they were doing at that very moment.

"Tae, what did you do?! I told you not to do it! You're in trouble." Jimin was panting for air, so was Taehyung.

"It was totally worth it." He didn't want to let go of Jimin's had but he had to when Jimin watched his hand now stained with blood.

"Oh my God!"

"Relax. It just a little stain. I'll clean it." Taehyung tried to get some paper out to clean Jimin's hand while they sat down.

"I'm scared." Jimin admitted. "The principal won't let it slide."

"I know." Taehyung sighed.

"Now, I know you wanted to protect me, but if you get suspended I'm going to be alone."

"You'll never be alone. I'll find the way."

"This is bigger than you, Tae. Stop doing stupid things just for me."

"I can't. You- you're like m-my brother." Taehyung said, just to let Jimin know how much he meant to him. But something felt off. Even for Jimin.

"You too."

"So... I'll always protect you like a big brother."

"Yah, I'm older than you by two months."

"Whatever, baby."

Jimin smiled.

_______

"Pleeeeease?" Taehyung pleaded through the phone.

"Kim Taehyung, it's a school night! I said no." His mom answered through the phone, high enough for Jimin to listen. Jimin pouted, so Taehyung just tried again.

"Please, mom. I already did my homework." He lied, but he knew he could copy Jimin's. "It's pretty late. You really want me to walk home when it already dark."

"It's your problem. You shouldn't stay outside so late."

"I'm at Jimin's."

"Of course you are! You always are."

"Even tonight then?"

"You, smooth little-"

"Jimin's listening." Taehyung practically sang, knowing his mom wouldn't curse in front of little Jiminie, as she called him.

"Oh, Jiminie, how are you?" Her voice changed completely.

"I'm doing fine, Tae's mom." Jimin smiled.

"I'm glad, baby."

"Can Tae stay? It's very dark outside. He'll have breakfast tomorrow and he'll even arrive early at school for once, I'll make sure he wakes up." Jimin grinned and Tae's mom did the same.

"I know, Jiminie. It's just, I don't know."

Both boys found it weird. It was always easy to convince them. They've slept together countless times, after all. But they didn't know she was considering it this time because they were, well, they were vmin -as they called themselves when they were eight- very affectionate kids.

"Alright, he can stay. But it's a special permission just because it's really late already.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank youuuuu." Both practically said in unison.

She didn't know they were asking this special permission on a school day because it was likely that he couldn't go to school anymore after what he did that morning. He was going to be grounded for life, so he better spent this last free night with his favorite person.

"Let's get ready to sleep, Taetae." Jimin smiled.