Unpredictable ~ Sequel.

[The day of the wedding]

-Guren's POV-
I could finally breathe a sigh of relief knowing Y/N was safe and away from Kureto. The fact that she'd not be able to live her life as freely as before did hurt, however it'd take time before I figured a way to work around that.

When I'd gotten back there was a panic, and a search team for Y/N. I knew Kureto was going to suspect me, I'm just lucky that I returned just as the word of Y/N's disappearance was beginning to spread.

I was at the lab, it was one of the last places Kureto would go to and so I thought it'd buy me some time, not enough though.

My door opened and a furious Kureto entered. He's easier to lie to when he's in an emotional state, than when he's calm.

I didn't say anything condescending, as much as I wanted to, I had to resist and acted as moody as I've been for the past 2 weeks.

"What is it?" I muttered without looking up,

"You weren't in your office." He said with suspicion,

"Was I meant to be there?" I finally looked up at him, shooting him an annoyed look,

He ignored the question, "You know where she is. Don't you?"

"I'd appreciate it if you were more direct." I stared at him irritated, acting as if I didn't know who he was talking about,

He grabbed me by the collar, "Look here, Ichinose. Don't get smart with me, I can and will have you executed for treason. Now, where the hell is Y/N?" He growled, before throwing me back on my seat,

I leaned back, and let out a dry laugh, before taking of my glasses and tossing them on the table before me, "Y/N's gone missing and you automatically suspect me?"

"Well then, why else would she go missing?"

I chuckled, "Perhaps she ran away from the man who she's being forced to marry." It was amusing that Kureto even missed that as a possibility; not like him at all or he was in denial- but I didn't think of him as the delusional type. He continued to glare at me, "What? Don't tell me that you didn't know she hated you? From the way I saw it she made it very clear how she felt about you."

"Don't give me that."

"If I wanted to play the knight in shining armour, why would I do it on your wedding day, you had security, no?"

"Of course I did, but knowing you- you can find a way to bypass them!" He fumed,

"I'm glad you think so highly of me, but surely you've trained your men to go against worse than me. I thought incompetence and you never went together, but-"

"Don't piss me off."

"Alright. So you're suspicious of me, and I've said I haven't done anything but you won't believe me, what now?"

"You're going in for questioning." By that he usually meant torture,

"Yippee." I sighed sarcastically,

"Indeed. Meet me in the interrogation room in 10." He sneered walking out,

I couldn't say no, I was already on thin ice, so I just wrapped up my work and stood up stretching.

~•~

I groaned. Despite my whole body aching, the one thing I needed the most was water. The tongue I'd used to feed them subtle lies and misinformation, was burning. Luckily the two words which I'd been longing for for the past 3 days were finally uttered by Kureto.