Blood Maiden

Try not to bleed. For every drip of your blood, I get closer.

For each time you bleed, I get nearer.

I am the subordinate of Death. I am the one responsible for blood loss. I am the Blood Maiden. I am like a vampire, but I do not attack you in any time. I only do attack when you lose a lot of blood. I am not responsible for bleeding, I only collect.

I am living here, in your world. That beggar you see every day, I am him. I can take a form of a dead person. Yes, every form I have are dead. I always watch everyone of you. And I wait, patiently waiting for you to bleed. And once you do, I catch the essence of each drip. My, how wonderful! Yes, bleed some more. Once the blood stopped dripping, I wait again, and the essence, I put it inside an urn bearing a trivial part of your soul. Do not worry, for each soul has an urn with the smallest fraction of your spirit.

The urn, shaped to make it look very pleasing. Carved on it are ornate designs with some blood surging through it. It was meant to give me vital information when it is my time to visit you. Right now, I can see you. You were hospitalized, seems that you were shot at many parts of your body. You seem to have lost a generous amount of your blood. Just enough to fill the urn.

Prepare, prepare to lose in the game of life! It is time, the time is right.

Once the clock struck twelve, I crept to your room. You seem dead, but you were just asleep. I woke you up with a song. Every person thinks this song is very peaceful and serene, but it is the Song of Death. When the song ended, you woke up and you saw me.

You were amazed, seeing such a beautiful woman. And this is my reply:

'Well, the last thing that anyone should see is a beautiful scene.'

You were startled. And there, I struck your urn. The urn shook violently, shaking back and forth. And the urn drained the last essence of your life. And only you and I knew this happened. I left you, and I fell content. My job is finished. Do not worry, for you were a good man. You deserve a good treatment.

And you, the reader, might even see me too.