Chapter 1: Initiation

POV: Y/N

Thanks to the connection I now share with Master Duad my wounds healed quicker than normal allowing me to start my training as an Assassin with Master Thomas immediately.

Thomas: "For your first lesson you must move unseen. Stick to the shadows and avoid the light then cross to the other side of the room without attracting notice."
Y/N: "Understood."

I maneuvered stealthily across the obstacles while staying out of the light making sure my presence could not be detected as instructed. As I made it to the other side of the room I emerged from the shadows and began to make my way back towards Master Thomas.

Thomas: "Very good. I did not see you approach."
Y/N: "Your praise honors me Master."
Thomas: "Now, attempt a transversal."
Y/N: "Yes Master."
Thomas: "Remember do not focus on your destination with your eyes that is folly, and will limit the potential of the power. You know the layout of the room. Instead, focus on where you wish to be standing and it will be so."

I focused my mind where I wish to be standing as Master Thomas instructed and preformed a transversal appearing on the other side of the room.

Thomas: "For your final lesson we will each take up a blade and fight one another. This lesson will show me weather or not you can handle yourself in a fight when out on a job."

Master Thomas handed me a blade, the same blade he as well as the other Whalers used when out on Assassination missions

Master Thomas handed me a blade, the same blade he as well as the other Whalers used when out on Assassination missions. I looked at the blade troubled by it, knowing that I would take more lives with this blade then I would care to count but despite that I would walk through hell and back just to get my sister Mary back. With that in my mind I readied myself with this blade in hand for the fight with Master Thomas. I rushed towards Master Thomas attacking him from the sides only for him to block my attacks and hit me with the hilt of his blade staggering me back.

Thomas: "Strike at me like you mean it or you'll have no chance in rescuing your sister!"
Y/N: "Yes Master!"

I took a more aggressive approach with my attacks teleporting in different directions to throw off Master Thomas. This worked to my favor granting me an opening to disarm him. We locked blades trying overpower the other until I pushed upwards causing Master Thomas to lose his grip on his blade causing it to fling up in the air until gravity brought it back down landing into my hand. I pointed both blades at Master Thomas awaiting his final verdict.

Thomas: "Very good. You show great promise with us Y/N."
Y/N: "All thanks to your teachings Master."
Thomas: "We have no more to teach you for now. return to your place of rest. Your real work with us begins tomorrow night."