Two Birds Meet

✧༺♥༻✧
"If love is feeling so deeply for another that you want to chew your way under their skin, then I love Rakan..."
~ Xayah
✧༺♥༻✧
Hi there everyone! This chapter started off as a teaser, but since this story is now officially in full development I've turned it into a full chapter. I hope you enjoy!

    It was a somewhat chilly day, around middle-late fall

    Xayah was currently walking to her next destination. A village which held something that was stolen from a tribe that used to be close to hers, an artifact that meant everything to them.

    She has been tracing this item for about a year now, traveling from village to village in hopes of picking up some information on where it could be. She finally found it.

    As she walks into the village, she glances around, humans wandering everywhere with items in their arms and smiles on their faces. She watches as some hold hands, where some watch as others pass by, observing. She lets out a slightly annoyed huff at one guy who eyes her, sending a wink her way.

    Xayah had her hood pulled up to where her ears are pressed against her head, invisible to someone who doesn't look close enough. Her feathered-cloak wrapped in front of her, looking like a cloaked blanket that a hunter had made.

    That thought disgusted her.

    She couldn't completely hide her animal-like features however, as her taloned feet stood out like a sore thumb. She wouldn't have to hide herself if humans would just leave her kind alone, but they just don't know when to stop. That's why she is standing here, hidden as best as she could possibly manage underneath this oddly colored disguise.

    She continues to walk around for a while, observing each humans movements, occasionally getting a glance or two towards her but for the most part she was ignored, thankfully.

    She watched in hatred as some of the humans cooked their 'prize' from their previous hunt that spilt the blood of a poor creature that had no chance against their forces. Xayah couldn't lie when she says she hasn't killed animals before, but in those odds it was always for her survival. Not this stupid 'game' that humans would play and then hang the poor things limbs like a trophy.

    "Taitah be Tervash." Xayah whispers sadly to the creature, only loud enough for her to hear.

    These sights are more common than not in the current present, which angers Xayah greatly. The Vastayan named the world. We named the trees, the wind, the mountains. We know their power. These petty humans are just as ungrateful as they come.