~ familiar ~

Narrator-nim's POV

After the concert, Jennie still felt that magical feeling of hers. It still hasn't disappeared. Probably because Lisa hasn't left her thoughts yet.

It felt weird but right at the same time. Its not as if she hasn't had this feeling yet. She just hasn't recognized it yet.

The feeling is just so...unexplainable but it also doesn't feel new to her. Rather, awfully familiar.

Then...it suddenly comes back to her.

Everything.

Everything is coming back to its place.

The place that people often call the heart.

It somehow also comes with a slight pinch of...humiliation.

She suddenly remembered her unsure feelings for Lisa. The way she made her happy even though she had a bad day.

She then remembers how she met Kai.

FLASHBACK

After recording their songs for their new album, they all decided to eat outside to celebrate.

After a while, they all went home except for Jennie.

Jennie went to meet Kai, her closest guy friend to talk about her biggest secret and problem, her feelings for Lisa.

She felt comfortable with Kai because she couldn't talk to her unnies about her secret.

Kai was actually a good listener and he understood Jennie as much as she understood him.

After a few weeks, they grew so close to each other. Too close.

Kai started to develop feelings for Jennie.
Soon, he confessed and gave her time to think about it. He also told her that their relationship can help her forget about Lisa as a way to persuade her.

Jennie thought about it a lot. As much as she wanted to forget about her feelings for Lisa, she didn't want to use Kai. She loved Kai. As a friend.

But she was just too desperate.

She accepted his confession. She knew it was wrong but she tried to make her guilt disappear by telling herself over and over that Kai liked her and that made him happy.

Soon enough, with Kai's countless efforts, she fell in love with him. Was it really love? Or was it just her guilt taking over?

She couldn't tell either. But she just loved him back as if she could force him into her heart.