Chapter 15: Díoltas.

Chapter 15: Díoltas.

Anna’s Point of View

My eyes shot open as a harsh sting went across my face. “Up!” the man in front of me shouted. He had a pretty well-built physique, towering above me as I sat strapped in the tiny wooden chair, though I knew if I were standing beside him, it would be a different story.

My eyes began adjusting to the dim atmosphere and I could make out the man’s face. Startled, I gasped and my body pulled away from his. It was the man from the alley; the man from the park.

“Listen,” he gnarled in a thick accent. His breath was strong of the scent of cigars, and I could detect a small hint of alcohol there as well. “We’re going to have a bit of fun.” He cackled and reached into his pocket, pulling out a silver object, and my heart stopped when I realized that it was a freshly sharpened knife.

“What… What are you doing?” I stammered out almost inaudibly. He hushed me, grinning and inching closer. “Are you getting this, Bluke?”

The stout man, who I had yet to notice until now, stood behind Carney with a video camera blinking red.

“Yes, boss, yes!” His animated reply was short and filled with frightening excitement. Carney’s smile grew and his hand that held the blade moved towards my bare neck.

“Turn another light on, Gregory! We want him to be able to watch and see her reactions, don’t we?” A dark figure lurking in the far back proceeded to move and the light flickered on. I could see the eagerness and menace in Carney’s eyes. “Yes.” I flinched, feeling the cold surface come in contact with my skin. “We’re going to have fun.”

Zayn’s Point of View

“Hey calm down, I’m sure she’s okay.” I pushed Liam’s hand away angrily and continued pacing anxiously back and forth across the hotel room that we should have left twelve hours ago.

“No. You don’t fucking understand. She could be hurt and she could be in danger and she could… she could…” I trailed off, not wanting to think of any other possibilities and my words were quick and short as I tried to keep myself calm.

"Mate, just try and calm down a bit," Harry tried. "Getting flustered isn't going to help..."

I looked over at him, lurching forward in an attempt to tackle him, but Liam's arms stopped me before I could. "Harold, don't you fucking dare tell me to calm down! If it weren't for you and your request for your damn ice cream, Anna would still be here! Anna would still be safe! It's your fucking fault so don't you dare tell me to calm down when you're to blame!"

Pain flashed across his eyes, along with sorrow and regret. "I know. I... I'm sorry. It's hard for me too, Zayn. You have to understand that. If anything bad happens to her, I'll never be able to forgive myself." His voice was soft and childlike, and I couldn't help but somewhat regret my decision to go off on him.

Niall moved towards me, placing a hand on my shoulder in attempt to calm me down. “You don’t know that mate, she could—“

“You guys don’t get it! I don’t want her hurt! She’s missing, she’s been missing! People don’t just disappear if nothing’s wrong!” I exploded, baffling the other boys. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be yelling at you guys. And sorry, Haz. It's not your fault, I shouldn't have exploded on you.” I sighed and sad down on the couch, resting my head in my hands and replacing my antsy demeanor with a fragile and scared one.

I didn’t know where she was, I didn’t know who she was with, and what worried me the most was that I didn’t know what was happening to her. The thoughts swirling through my mind of all the possible dangers Anna could be in halted when my phone sounded. I freed it from my pocket and stared in confusion at the screen that read “Private Number”.