Chapter 19

We laid there in silence with my arms still wrapped around Cheryl's waist as we discarded the portraits, letting them become a distant memory. The sun sparkled through my window, illuminating everything in it's graceful path. It felt serene lying there in my bed with her in my arms, sharing a comfortable silence that I missed. I didn't know how long we stayed in that position for but soon enough, I was drifting off to sleep.

***

I was half conscious when I felt something stirring in my arms. I slowly opened my eyes but only long enough to envision Cheryl looking back at me smiling. I snuggled closer to her, pulling her in firmly towards me as I spooned her from behind. 'Wow, this is the best dream ever.' The tendrils of her hair tickled my face as I buried myself in her sweet scent, enhaling deeply. My lips rested on the back of her neck, her smooth skin warm underneath my touch. I let out a satisfied sigh. 'Please, don't ever wake up,' I tell myself.

Cheryl giggled, "Mmm, you're ticklin' us, Kim."

I opened my eyes at the sound of her voice. 'This isn't a dream. She's really here.' I cautiously loosen my grip around her, though still keeping my arm lazily draped over her middle. I was worried that I had crossed some boundaries earlier during my sleepy haze but she leans back into me, causing me to lay back onto my pillows as she comfortably nestles herself into my chest. My lips were pressed stiffly to her neck in the process.

I lifted my chin up so I was breathing over her shoulder. 'Hmm this feels so nice.' I knew this moment wouldn't last forever so I tried to remember every second I had with her, mentally encasing away little details of her; the way she breathed against me, her body molded into mine, the way her hair smelled, a sweet feminine fragrance mixed with a hint of home..

"When do you have to leave?" I steadily stroke her arm with my thumb, dreading her departure already.

"Probably before dinner around 5pm... me dad likes us all gathered as a family to eat."

I sighed, it was already half pass 3pm. "Alright, give me 15 more minutes of cuddling before you go on and leave me please."

Cheryl obliged, relaxing into me as she closed her eyes. She traps my arm in place over her stomache, securing it under her own. The warmth of our infused bodies cocooning us in our own little haven. I held her close to me, allowing myself to forget that this was wrong, and that I shouldn't be wanting this.