Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

A Kiss

Sapa Kanan Cápac

A ball of brown light hurdles itself towards me at full force the moment I step into Nina's warm little hut. Startled by the clash, I stumble backwards until my frozen body meets the floor in a crumpled heap. Thick, umber legs straddle either side of my torso and a squeal of joy makes me look up, dazed at what just happened.

"KANAN, I MADE IT! AFTER SEVEN RISING DAYS I FINALLY MADE IT!" the beautiful woman sitting snuggly on my chest screeches, her enchanting voice drowning out the exhaustion of a long day.

I smile widely, pride swelling in my chest. Her dark eyes glisten with an eager hope at my reaction, her joy radiating for finally getting a hand at weaving, which took her seven days. She tucks an unruly curl behind her ear expectantly, biting her full lip as she awaits my response.

I spare the short dressing cloth a quick glance, wanting to please her while also returning my gaze back up to the woman my eyes have missed in the long hours I haven't seen her. With my thumb, I reach up and untuck the soft flesh from between her teeth, running my finger across it slowly to soothe the crimson spilling life back into her bottom lip. How I've known her for almost thirteen rising days and still haven't had the pleasure of kissing her, I'll never know.

"It's beautiful," I grin, not only feeling pride in myself, but from the mythical being inside me as well.

Inti loves her already, and though I'm not sure why he chose her yet, I don't question it. The sun god is not someone to question and seeing as how I care for her just as much, I don't feel the need to. Isabella's already asked me about him and who he is, as he's visited her in a dream, so I know I'll have to share her with him soon. But for just another moment, I get to be selfish.

Isabella beams at my praise, her eyes growing bigger and brighter than ever.

"When will I get to see you wearing it?" I tease, winking at her. Her dark cheeks grow rosy at my suggestion, and she swats at my chest.

"It's much too short for that," she protests, crinkling her round nose.

Grinning, I sit up completely now. Her eyes widen at our proximity, with her legs still blanketing my waist and her plump bottom sitting on top of my thighs. She holds her arm around my shoulder to steady herself, her cool breath hitting my lips tauntingly. Teasingly.

"Kanan," she breathes out, igniting a shot of desire in the center of my chest.

"Isabella," I whisper back. "Can I—?"

Hesitantly, using her free hand, she wraps a warm palm against my cheek, the gesture scorching my skin as a tender shudder rocks my body. I try not to tremble under her gentle touch, paired with that warm gaze as she nods her head. To be in this position, while staring unblinkingly into her beauty and basking in her attention, is a position I can stay in forever. But could forever, can forever, suffice?

Inti is delighted at the thought, as he once again reminds me she'll be with us forever, both in this life and the next. But the thought of her traveling to another world with him is much too soon for me to think about, so I shake it away. Instead, I grasp ahold of her face and pull her to my lips, something I've been longing to do for so long.

And suddenly, I found the sun.

Her thick lips are softer than I could've ever imagined. How can something small feel softer than the wool we weave, than the fluffiest bundle of white in the sky? They fall gently in between my lips, fitting like two pieces of stone. As if they're meant for me, and only me, to kiss.

Because I willed it.

Ignoring the arrogant voice in my head, I reach up a hand to curl around the corner of her soft jaw, propping her face up a little higher. Her lips slightly purse at the movement, startled, but I coax her into relaxing against me.

Gently prying her sweet lips open, I wrap my tongue around hers, quietly moaning at the taste of her as our tongues slide in a smooth dance. Her lips, those sweet tantalizing lips that are going to be the death of me, wrap around my tongue, and she drifts her head up and down the length. My breath quickens, my head spinning as the lower half of me comes to life at the motion, and thoughts of what else she can do with that tongue swell in my mind.

Isabella melts into me. Eagerly, I help hold her body up by her waist as I continue to kiss her, greedily sucking as much of her sunlight that I can gather. I need more of it, more of her. Can there ever be enough of this? Enough of her beautiful, delicious light?

The sound of a throat clearing causes the two of us to finally part from one another. Isabella looks up sheepishly at Nina, who watches us with amusement, her body shrinking into me. I just grin and pat her hip.

"It's okay. Don't be embarrassed," I say, pressing a kiss to her heated cheek. She ignores me.

"Many apologies, Nina. I didn't mean for you to see that—"

"It's alright, child. Don't worry about it," Nina interrupts Isabella's apology. She turns to look at me next, eyebrows raised expectantly. "And you. Why are you here so early? You aren't supposed to return to grab her until much later."

"I have to show her something before our meal tonight, so I came early," I shrug.

Usually, explaining myself to a commoner can result in a speedy punishment for them. Nobody except my father and his council can do that, but Nina's a longtime family friend. She and my mother grew up together and Nina, being her close friend and humble servant, wove my mother her best dresses. I knew she'd treat Isabella well and show her the life we live here. Nina agreed the moment I asked this of her and from the interactions I've seen between the two, I can tell Isabella respects Nina and Nina cares for her deeply.

Isabella stands up from my lap so I can stand up as well and patiently waits off to the side while Nina and I speak briefly about their day. My mouth tightens at the news of the other young males taking sight of her on their walk today, and one being so bold as to go up and speak to her. My fingers clench in annoyance and I wrap my arms over my chest.

"She's unlike who they know, Sapa. They can't help themselves," Nina tries to reason, defending their awe.

"She's with me and they know that," I hiss, my tone hot. "That boy could have his tongue carved out for going against me. They can befriend her, but to court her—"

"Surely it isn't a crime to look at the girl, Kanan. Like I said before, they can't help themselves. Even some of the women who don't loathe her stare at her. You brought her here, so you'll just have to deal with it."

Grumbling under my breath, I shoot her a look. "I don't want any of the young ones to think they can court her. Am I clear?"

"Very clear," Nina clips, crossing her arms at my foolishness. But I'm not being foolish. Not when it comes to Isabella and making it known their prince gets to be with her, not them.

Ignoring the woman's irritable muttering, I turn back to Isabella, who's itching to leave the hut. I offer her my hand and she smiles back shyly, sliding her hand into my own. I press a soft kiss to her cheek and step away, tugging her toward outside.

"Come. I have something I want to show you," I grin.

"Okay," she agrees, curiosity leaking into her voice. She wraps her other arm around mine while still holding my hand and lays her head on my shoulder comfortingly.

I want to show her a part of who I am. No more fear of her leaving, no more putting it off. It's time for her to know the truth, and decide whether she'll accept me for who I am.

icon lock

Show your support for ✨Brianna M. Belle✨, and continue reading this story

by ✨Brianna M. Belle✨
@XxBriannaMariexX
After escaping Spanish conquerors, Isabella finds herself drawn into...
Buy a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 35 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @XxBriannaMariexX.