Fetch

Weiss drifts back to consciousness on the ground next to Ruby's body, still impaled through the arm. Yang is a wreck, crying over her little sister. She's not looking too good, either. Her hair is colored red from both Ruby's and her own blood. "She didn't deserve this!" Yang is shouting. "Let me take her place! I don't want to live in a world without her or Blake! Please." Weiss just lays there watching, unable to speak. The world blurs again and she knows she'll soon bleed to death.

She tugs half-heartedly at the feather, drawing Yang's attention seemingly for the first time. "Oh my gosh, Weiss. We need to get you to someplace safer." She breaks the feather and lifts Weiss in a bridal carry, applying pressure to her more severe wounds. Weiss wants to tell Yang to worry about herself, that she herself is done for. Yang wobbles under the weight combined with pain, but starts walking. Past the fresh Nevermore corpse, past--

"Weiss, come on!" Ruby shouts to her from up ahead, jolting her back to reality. Weiss quickly rubs her eyes to rid them of fresh tears. They're going out to play with Zwei, and even Blake is managing to be faster than her. Weiss jogs up closer.

"S-sorry," she says, "just daydreaming a bit, is all."

Ruby laughs. "That's a weird thing for you to be doing, Ice Queen."

"I thought I asked you to stop calling me that, you dunce."

She just gives Weiss a childish smile. They get to the grassy field near the cliffs and take turns throwing a frisbee for Zwei. Weiss' mind was a bit preoccupied with the daydream, however, and it spoiled her mood. None of the dreams had gone that far.

"You okay, Weiss? You usually fight with us saying it's your turn to play with Zwei," asks Yang.

"I'm fine. I guess I'm still a bit bitter that you... let me sleep in so long yesterday. You practically made me waste my entire Saturday."

Zwei runs up to Blake with the frisbee, causing her to flinch and hiss a bit, but she eventually takes the frisbee and hurls it  with a bit of a squeak, and smiles after a second. Weiss looks around and sees the other two smiling as well, and it makes her sick to her stomach.

"I, uh, I need to use the lavatory," says Weiss as she gets up.

"Um, okay. See you when you get back?" Ruby responds.

Weiss nods and makes her way back to the school. How can they all be so happy? No... how can she be so perturbed by their happiness? They had every right to be happy. Weiss was the sole person in a bad mood, and that wasn't okay.

The wind whooshes her hair back as she enters the school, and she could have sworn the entire room dropped a decibel level at her presence. She makes a beeline for the bathroom and grips the sink once there and nearly vomits. When she regains her composure, she looks up at the mirror at the girl whose emotions were so conflicting with those around her.

Mirror, mirror, who's the loneliest of all?