Perspectives from: The Forest

AMERICAN

Name: Alex Chesier

Age: 17

I'm making the desicion right now. I can't live like this anymore, I put my foot down. I'm going to the woods and I'm NEVER coming back.. Well, I have to go back for my things, not that I have much to get, but I can take Lindy some squirrels, rabbits, whatever I can kill and I'll leave them for her to mess with. At least she'll have the option to try and take care of herself.

Three rabbits and one squirrel down... That's enough. It will be too dark too see my trail, soon, so I have to get home. 

"Alex, what'd you do? What'd you do with it?" are the first words I hear when I walk in the door, and after I explain that Lindy drank it all and that I wasn't going to get her more (I'm under-aged anyway), I hide in the closet until she leaves, then I go to my room, intent on leaving in the morrning or during the night, after I know that Lindy is asleep.

I fall asleep, eventually, and when I awaken, I'm not in my home... In fact, I'm not indoors at all. I'm...in a tree? 

                                                                                     ***

AMERICAN

Name: Jason Argyle

Age: 18

I suck in a breath through gritted teeth as I look at myself in the bathroom mirror and poke at my bruised rib. It hurts, but not too bad, so I won't turn in the old crazy man. I'll brush my teeth, take a shower, go to bed. That's all it'll take, and then I'll be done with this horrifying day.

At least, I thought that's all it would take, before it started again. Before Uncle J. saw me walk out of my room for something to eat before I went to bed. He started up again with his conversation about Dad. Telling my dead father about how it was my fault, how he never should have decided to have a kid, because if I hadn't been born, they wouldn't have been on their way to pick me up from a friend's house and they wouldn't have been in a wreck that night. 

"That's enough, alright?" I yelled, then I saw the Bible in his hands. He was preaching to his son, apparently, about how he should have thought through his "let's have a kid" plan. "He is dead! You hear me? D-e-a-d!"

And now, I'm confused. I remember the hardcover Bible being thrown, and I remember trying to catch it, but my face ended up catching it instead. But I don't remember waking up from unconsciousness anywhere else, but here. This is where unconsciousness led me, and I don't understand it... I'm in a tree.

I press the knot on my temple and let out of grunt, but don't make any sounds too noticeable, because I don't know where the heck I am, other than the fact that I'm not home. I'm in a forest, in a tree.

                                                                                 ***

AMERICAN

Name: Alex Chesier

Age: 17

I fell out of the tree, in case you're wondering, and I eventually worked the soreness from my body and got up, and now I'm traveling blindly through the woods. I hear a loud sound, as if something has fallen, and I eventually find another person who has fallen from a tree, and like me, he has no recollection of getting here. Just remembers falling asleep.