Chapter Three

It's only 1:45 and were almost there so I decide to pull into a sonic that's on the way. We order our food and drinks and a short girl brings it out. Soon after she's out of the way we return to our drive to Carrie's. When we arrive there is a black Dodge Charger setting in a spot next to the dumpster rendering it invisible to the cameras.

"Grab the handgun out of the glove box, just in case," I tell Isha before pulling into the parking lot. Hopefully we don't have to use it but it's always good to take precautions. I pull on the mask and shrug my arms into the trench coat before looking back at the car.

The window of the mysterious black car rolls down, and a familiar face appears. His name is Callen; he is around my age. I saw him on the last day of school. He was standing around with a group of guys older than me. He must be picking this up for his dad, Jayson. I can't believe I didn't make the connection before.

My car is parked only about an inch away from his. "Isha, get down."

She obeys, and I roll down my window. When I unbuckle my seatbelt, I throw the boxs through the window and climb in after it. My heals gets stuck a little on the opening in the window. I get it unstuck without showing that it ever was stuck.

"Mrs?" His English accent is noticeable, and everyone knows I'm all for a guy with an accent. Oh and looks, looks are always important.

"Mrs. Smith, Emma Smith."

I don't tell him my real name, I don't even think Jayson knows my parents names. 

"Oh."

We exchange packages, and I climb back through the window.

"Hey, what do I have to do to get you to give me your number." He asks, his voice like heaven. I could get used to that.

He's hot, really, really, hot; so I give in. "Give me a pen."

When I finish writing my number, he puts his in my phone. I buckle up and drive out just as fast as I drove in. Isha pops up from the floor and laughs.

"I think you have yourself an admirer." She leans her head back and let's out a small laugh.

All I do is laugh back and hand her the money. She repeats her routine from earlier and looks at me.

"Oh my god we are so close to our goal!" she practically yells with high enthusiasm.

"How much?"

The delivery was pretty big, so it should be a lot.

"Guess."

"Really, are you serious right now; just tell me how much money we got. We're not in fucking fifth grade anymore."  I grab my food as I finish the sentence and start eating.

"20,000 dollars!"

We both squeal in a manner that reminds me of a teenage girl straight out of High School Musical. We scarf down our food as fast as we can on account that we haven't eaten for hours.

"Where is our next stop?" I ask after all my food is devoured. I think this is our last stop until later in the morning. She pulls out the papers again and slides her finger down until she reaches the name after Jay's. I take off the mask, but leave the coat on for later.

"3:15, at the same place we just left." 3:15, huh, Criminal minds should be on right now. With the thought of that show an idea pops into my head that is absolutely mad, but mad is what we need right now.

"What if we beat them at their own game?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well they took something precious of ours, well mine at least, but what if we took something precious to them?"

A maniacal smile spreads across our faces as we comprehend my psychotic plan.

"You mean like kidnap their child!" Isha exclaims in a voice that is almost a scream. She gets me, I wonder if it's just the fact that we might both be psychotic. 

"Exactly."

"But how do we know who their child is and if they even have one if we don't know who they are?"

"Easy, we track my mom while we wait. Once we find out where they are, we can find out who owns it and then we can take action."

"You could have mentioned that earlier," she says sarcastically, then giggles a little.

"Well, I didn't think of it, and you have to admit, this is pretty fun."

I bust out laughing, and Isha joins in. When I get my mother's location pulled up on my phone, I look over at the clock on the radio. It reads 3:07 am; I look back at Isha, and she seems dreadfully tired.

"Found her."

When my voice reaches her, she shakes her head, getting rid of the sleep that was trying to pull her under into deep slumber.

"Where is she at?" she asks sluggish, while running her balled up hands over her eyes.

"It looks like a small cabin on the edge of Shadowlake."

Of course, it would be, it always is. In every cheesy movie about kidnapping, this is how everything goes down; except the whole dealing drugs for the money part. A crazy ransom that tells you where to meet them and how much money, a small cabin in a town with a name that matches perfectly to the theme; shady people that kidnap you too, and then you escape and BOOM! you live happily ever after. So cliché. 

Isha falls asleep in the passenger seat, and I drive back to Carries just in time to get to my next appointment. Not like we need the money, my master plan shouldn't require any income, but I'm having fun being my mother. A red Mercedes is parked in the same spot Callen was pulled into. For the second time today, I park next to it. I slide the mask on just as the window slowly rolls down. I roll down my window shortly after and throw the box through the window after I receive the money and drive off.

Tomorrow I will do my research, see who the kidnappers are and if they have a child. But right now, all that crowds my mind is sleep. I shake Isha awake, and we go inside. I fall onto my bed, and a black screen overtakes my eyes.

***

My alarm fills the room with the most annoying noise I have ever heard. I try to turn it off and end up falling off of my bed. My cursing chimes in with the constant ringing throughout the room and they sync in perfect harmony. I drag myself off the floor and decide to go wake Isha up. When I finally dump a cup of water on her head and get her awake, we get started on our little project.