Chapter two

I strut to the elevator and hit the floor that leads to their room. The inclosed room fills with the sound of moving of the cords that operate it. A soft binging noise fills the air and the floor jerks. I step onto the fifth floor that overlooks the city. I start walking down the hall toward their room.

When I get in their room I go use the bathroom. I look at my self in the mirror after I'm done with what I came into the bathroom to do. I study my current for and debate on what to change. By the time I'm done with my transformation, I probably won't recognize myself as me, hopefully I will recognize myself as my mother.

I push open the doors to Mothers closet and scan the main area for what I want to wear tonight. My feet carry me to my favorite part of her closet, the dress section. I rummage through the hundreds upon hundreds of dresses that she owns.

I end up settling on one of my mother's favorite dresses. I have tried it on many times before. The red velvet material clings to my curves making my body look much older then it should look. Black cording tying in bows on my sides all the way up until it reaches the top of my hip bone. The hem of the wonderess piece rests mid-thigh. The sleeves running down my arms covering the skin like a glove, reacing all the way up to my chin.

For my shoes, I walk over to the shoe section and start my searching. I go to the section that Mother has labeled especially for deliveries. I grab her pair of gold, six-inch heels that only have two straps; one where your toes meet your foot and another thick gold band around the ankle. The red and gold go perfectly with my black nails and hair making the color scheme just to my liking.

I walk out of the maze my parents call their closet. I close the doors behind me and go set the heals on the bed for later. I lye down for a few seconds before remembering that we have things to do real soon. I propel myself up my elbows before pushing myself up into a setting position.

I go to the bathroom and change as quick as I can, making sure that I still have time to do my makeup. I don't look in the mirror just yet because I want to save the finished project for last.

I wet my makeup sponge and start applying more makeup. I add a little black lipstick; Mother always has black lipstick on, some people would say that is her signature look. I pull down my bangs-like she always does-and straighten them to perfection. After I'm done with my bangs I straighten my already straight hair. I grab a pair of her silver hoop earrings and her necklace with one diamond dangling from the silver chain.

I latch the necklace around my neck before sliding the earrings into my ear holes and putting the back onto them. So simple, yet so complementary. I stand up from the chair and smooth my dress down.

I look up and down at myself in the full-length mirror examining my new look. I give myself an A; I look almost exactly like my mother. I rummage through my mother's closet looking for the handbag that she takes with her everywhere. "Got it!" I say to myself as I grab the glittery gold bag. I lie her trench coat over my arm and stuff her silver glittery mask into my bag before walking out.

The elevator drifts to a stop and dings signaling that it's time to get off. When I enter the living room, Isha is in a pair of black sweatpants and flats; one of the worst fashion choices I've ever seen. A black hoodie overlaps the elastic band of the sweatpants. Well, I think this might just be the end of fashion.

"You're not wearing that are you?" I question with obvious disgust in my voice. I scan her up and down one more time just to make sure I'm not having a nightmare. God, I think the fact that it's real is even worse.

"Why not?" I only see a faint shrug of her shoulders due to the fact that her hoodie is about sizes too big for her.

"Whatever, we have to meet Mr. West at 1:45 tonight." Her outfit is horrendous, horrifying, dreadful; my worst nightmare. The only reason that I let her wear this, gruesome outfit is because no one will be seeing her. It's her body so I guess she can look ratchet.