VIII.

Hours seemed to have passed since I signed my own death certificate

    Hours seemed to have passed since I signed my own death certificate. When I awoke the smell of blood and danger was in the air. I blinked my eyes open trying to figure out why darkness was all I could see. Fabric could be felt across my eyelids and against my wrists, restraining me from seeing or moving. And as panic formed in my chest, I felt the soft caress of a hand down my chest.

"I should've resisted you. I should've left you in that alley." Beyoncé's voice was like liquid smoke. It filled my lungs, breathing some type of life back into me.

"Why am I restrained?"

My words hung in the air for a long moment as I felt the softness of the fabric rub against my flesh. The silence caused a shudder to run down my spine as each second in between her responding ticked away.

"I... I... I told you I would do whatever you wanted."

I stumbled over my words trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Her darkness surrounded me, waking parts of my body that hadn't been awakened in years.

"We had an agreement, and now you must pay..."

I knew what she meant, she wanted my body and no matter how much I told myself I wouldn't feel anything from her touch, I knew that it was all a lie. That my body craved her touch more than it ever had anyone, so I gave in easily.

"Take what you want,"

I told her, my voice not my own. Her footsteps echoed off the wood floor, and I couldn't tell if she was walking towards me or away. All I knew was that I didn't want her to leave yet.

"Oh sweet, Nicki." She laughed gruffly. "I won't be taking what I want. That's not how I work." I blinked behind the blindfold, unsure of how I felt about what she had just said. "Every second that I possess your body, will be a second that you enjoy. I won't take what I want, but I will give you what you need, what you desire..."

Hot breath hit my ear, and I shuddered. My core grew wet with desires for a ruthless woman, a woman that had wrapped her hand around my throat and sent me into an unconscious state more than once.

My breath hitched in my chest as I felt her hand glide over my throat and down, stopping between my breasts. Unable to conceal what she was doing to my body, my heart pounded in my chest.

"I... can't..." The words wouldn't come out. I just knew that I couldn't let anything happen between us, anything that would cause me to self-destruct.

"Shhh..." Beyoncé's lips settled onto my own, the harsh, firmness of them taking me back to that night in the alley where she turned my world upside down. "You can, and you will," she whispered softly, and then it was as if the woman I had previously met vanished. It was as if a mask had been lifted and thrown to the floor.

I could do nothing to stop her from ravishing me; from destroying me from the inside out. Her teeth nipped at my bottom lip, forcing me to open up to her. Her hands roamed my body roughly, as if she was searching for a hidden treasure.