The Night it all Went Wrong

"Hey Mom, I'm spending the night at Percy's," I breathe into the phone, "If that's okay."

"That's fine, sweetheart. Make sure you stop by before going to school, you need to get your clothes."

"Okay. See you in the morning, Mom. I love you," I said in breathy excitement, then eagerly hung up after she said goodbye.

"I'm good, we just got to stop by my house in the morning to get me clothes," I said to Percy. "She doesn't want it to look weird, I guess. Me in your clothes."

"That would look weird at the school, but in the weekend it'd be fine," said Percy, his voice perfect.

"So you go shower, I'll eat, and then we'll switch off. Deal?"

"Deal."

He ran upstairs, looked back at me, and smiled. And a few minutes later, then the water started running.

I ate dinner--bean burritos made by Percy's mom. They were delicious. A few minutes later, Percy came down and joined me. He had messy hair, PJ pants, and a big T-shirt on.

He looked amazing.

"Your turn," He said. He turned and kissed me, and I walked my way up in a trance.

-Time skip 'cause no shower scene-

I came down, dressed in the t-shirt and baggy gym shorts Percy had let me use for the night. He smiled at me.

"These shorts are way to baggy," I whined.

"Sorry, they're the smallest ones I could find." He laughed at my slight scowl.

It's not my fault I'm so skinny. My waist is really small, okay?

"Are you having some inner battle about hitting me or not?" Percy asked, still laughing a little bit.

"No, but I will hit you if you want me too." I looked at him and smirked.

He smiled. Then he yawned. He put his dish and the sink and grabbed my hand. We walked up the stairs together, and he said "I'm not gonna make you sleep on the floor."

We went into his room and he sat on the bed. I sat down next to him.

"Can't it stay like this forever?" I asked.

"If you want it to, Nico." He said, then kissed me. I kissed back, a desperate ruin crept into the kiss. He pulled away.

"Not now, Nico."

I nod. No point arguing, I laid down, and he laid down next to me. I snuggled closer to his chest and stayed there, smiling with my eyes closed.

I stayed like that for about a half an hour. Percy's mom had left earlier to go grocery shopping. Suddenly, we heard something that startled me, and awoke Percy.

A crash. A loud one.

He looked at me, the panic obvious in my eyes. He slowly pulled a baseball bat out from under his bed. He moved towards the door...

It flew open. He jumped out of the way just in time. A person in a hockey mask stood in the door, silhouetted against the hall light. I ducked as something came flying at me.

A knife stuck in Percy's headboard, where, a second ago, my head had been.

Percy swung the bat. He connected with the person'a thigh. A high-pitched, shrill scream filled the room. I jumped under the bed to receive Percy's phone, and called 911.

She stabbed at Percy.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"We have a girl attacking us with a knife," I said desperately.

She stabbed, and Percy swung, knocking the knife out of her hands.

"What's your address? We'll send help immediately. Do you need an ambulance?"

Someone screamed. The Girl crumpled to the floor.

"Yes!"

"We'll send help right away."

"Thank you," I said, but the girl wasn't done. She took out a third knife, and stabbed it as high as she could reach--Percy's thigh. He screamed.

"Oh no," I breathed. Percy fell to the floor, clutching his thigh. Sirens were wailing, the blood pooling around him.

I screamed, and the last thing I remember was Percy being pulled away, into an ambulance, and off to the hospital. They took the mask off the girl.

It was Penelope.