iii.𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖔𝖜𝖓

EDITED (12/12/21)

»»————- ♔ ————-««

»»————- ♔ ————-««

❝  Demon it is,❞  

»»————- ♔ ————-««

It took Elizabeth centuries to even get a pinch of information on Maximillian because a) that wasn't probably his real name and b) she took that long to adjust to her hybrid-ness. Thanks to her Vanaya side, the sun is not a problem and her Vampire side granted her immortality.

Through the years, Elizabeth learned that she was never supposed to turn. Maximillian intended to kill her from the start, she just happened to have his blood in her system, and her transition was completed when she fed on the dead bodies of her maids.

She also learned that she is the last of her kind. There wasn't much to read about her kind, and she had to figure out her abilities through trial and error. As a Vampire, she's vulnerable to fire, but as a Vanaya, she's literally fire-proof.

Being a Vampire gives her the ability to compel but her Vanaya blood enables her to entrance men and women alike, she need not compel anyone to treat her like royalty - it's pretty much the same, but Vanaya's compulsion does not prove useless against vervain. Since her ability to control or manipulate and command fire grow throughout the years, she's got better and believes if her control over it has a progress bar, it would be full.

Whispers of Maximillian's whereabouts lead her to the small town called Mystic Falls, somewhere in Virginia. She's had unreliable information before but didn't mind wasting her time, blindly following a lead to the man who destroyed her. It would all be worth it once he's burned him to crisps, Elizabeth thought.

So here she is pulling at the driveway of her new home, she's not gonna settle for a flat. Oh and not to forget, she doesn't need to be invited in. She brought the house fully-furnished, so when she hopped off the car, she was only carrying a medium-sized box in her hands.

It only contained paintings of her family and a collection of things she's kept before burning the manor down. Everyone believed that her family perished in the fire, but she buried them on the rich soil of their garden, a white rose clutched in their hands each.

Few of the many things inside the box are Arabella's drawings and toys, Mateo's journals and her parents' engagement rings. Anything to hold onto her humanity. Centuries have come and gone yet it never changed, her love remained only for herself and her family.

She marvelled at her good taste, eying the house with small smile on her face. Abstract paintings decorated the hall that connects the living room and the kitchen. Everything was perfect to Elizabeth. The furniture weren't too grand and the colours weren't too blinding, just how she liked it. After setting the box down on the coffee table, she grabbed the bouquet of white roses inside.