xx.𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙

EDITED (12/12/21)

»»————- ♔ ————-««

»»————- ♔ ————-««

You're forcing Elena to hate you?

»»————- ♔ ————-««

That night, Elizabeth didn't expect another visit from Damon who just appeared at the foot of her bed as she prepared to rest for the night. He appeared looking distraught, and to say he looked like a mess was the biggest understatement.

He looked like he been hit by a car, a metal one, with spikes and it electrocutes anyone within 5 feet. Elizabeth was unsure of what was happening but opted to do the only thing she can do, a silent way of saying she was there for him.

Because she was unsure if her words won't fail him. 

She hugged him. Ignoring the way he tensed under her touch, she wrapped her arms around his middle, pressing her cheek to his chest where his undead heart was located. Damon was confused, the sign of genuine affection a bit foreign.

But he returned the hug soon enough, tilting his head down to bury his face in Elizabeth's hair, he could smell the strong scent of vanilla, peaches and daisies. Which was an odd combination, but she made it work.

Only then did Damon realize how screwed he was. 

"I finally get Katherine now," Damon sarcastically chuckled. "Why he couldn't just pick one at the time." 

Elizabeth ignored whatever he said, afraid she'd interpret it the wrong way and pulled away. Looking up to scan his face for any kind of sign, why he would show up at her house looking like he got mauled by a bear.

"I won't force you to tell me what happened, but it would be nice to know," Elizabeth told him, walking out her room to reach the kitchen while Damon follows with heavy footsteps. "Do you want tea?"

"You got any bourbon?" He asked, leaning over the counter lazily.

"No," Elizabeth shook her head. "Tea. Take it or leave it."

"Leave it." Damon rolled his eyes. 

Elizabeth began making herself tea, letting the silence take over and calm them. It was a comfortable silence, but Elizabeth didn't want it. She wanted to know the truth, but she wasn't about to force it out of Damon. That wasn't 't her.

So she quietly drank her tea, tuning out the crickets outside while eyeing Damon through the rim of her teacup.

"I tried to kill Jeremy tonight." Damon confessed.

Elizabeth put her teacup down with her jaw slackened. "Tried?"

"Turns out he was wearing one of those nifty little rings."

"Why?" Elizabeth asked him. "You're forcing Elena to hate you?"

"No." Damon shakes his head. "That is exactly the opposite of what I want happening. It's just... I tend to destroy things. Hearts, trusts and promises."

"Then why did you it?" Elizabeth asked and she was met with silence. Damon himself don't know why he did it, so what can he tell Elizabeth? "Don't matter. Just be glad he was wearing the ring. "

"There's no way she will forgive me now." Damon bitterly chuckled.

Elizabeth didn't say anything, she was unsure what to say. If she was even supposed to say anything so she just stared at him, just the two of them looking at each other. Daring the other to look away and none of them planned on backing down.

Then Damon pulled her close, placing his lips on her. There he goes again, attempting to punish himself by trying to get Elizabeth to hate him. He expected her to push him away, unlike last time because even if the intent was to make her hate him, he liked the feeling.

He liked having his lips on hers, his hands around her curves and the feeling of her tongue on his skin. She moaned onto his mouth when he squeezed her hips gently, then lifting her to set her down on the counter, her legs wrapped around him instantly.

This night was about to be just another thing to add to the things Damon will come to regret in the morning. While Elizabeth was unsure if she even tried to hold back at all.

»»————- ♔ ————-««

The following morning, Elizabeth left Damon passed out in her bed to go to school and help prepare for the carnival event going in, Caroline kindly asked her to take her place and make sure everything was perfect since she won't be around to handle everything like usual.

From a distance, she can see Bonnie and Elena talk but made a point to avoid them. She was not ready to deal with any of them, she is just gonna help out in setting up the carnival and maybe make Caroline smile when she tells the blonde all about it.

Then her nose caught something, which was vervain. Elizabeth turned and saw Stefan handing Elena a vial and frowned, why would he give her vervain? Elizabeth shook her head and ignored them, she was over it. 

She didn't need to play nice any more. Katherine was in town, Elizabeth's older and stronger so she just needs to hold out long enough for these baby vamps to find her and she can have her revenge. 

In the middle of setting up a tent, she got a text. Damon was asking where she went, seems like he just woke up. Elizabeth ignored his text and continued setting the tent up, ignoring the offers of help some high school boys tried to give her.

Then she got another text, Damon told her he's gonna be at the Lockwood's to investigate on the new uncle who just came to town. He's suspicious and he has every right to be, everyone new who arrived in town has been suspicious.

There's John who knew too much and got the brothers almost killed, then Alaric who happened to be a hunter, not to forget Elizabeth herself who happens to be a 600-year-old vengeful vampire and Anna.

Elizabeth sent a quick text asking if he's inviting her and he responded with a yes so after making sure the tent wouldn't collapse, she walked away from the scene, apologizing to Caroline in her mind. 

I'm sure Bonnie and Elena will handle everything for her, Elizabeth convinced herself.

~