Home Sweet Home

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could have heard a pin drop in The Hairy Dog as Chibs, Tig, and Happy walked in, Happy locking the door as he and Tig pulled their guns and Chibs stood between them with his hands folded in front of him. He glanced at the bartender and nodded.

"We need Darby."

The other man nodded before practically running to the back room. In under a minute, Darby was walking out of the backroom flanked by two of his henchmen. The smirk on his face faltered when he saw the guns in Tig and Happy's hands before nodding to Chibs.

"What can I do for you fellas?"

Chibs nodded as he sniffed and tilted his head at the other man. "We seem ta 'ave a problem."

Darby nodded. "And just what problem do we have?"

"Marianne Armstrong. Ye want her and I 'ave her. There's the problem." Darby started to speak and Chibs held up a hand as he stepped forward. "Now, I dinnae wan' ta make a big deal ou' of this, but hear me. She's mine. Ye dinnae touch her, speak to her, or ask her out again."

Darby smirked then, not noticing that Chibs' hand was curling into a fist and his brown eyes had practically turned black with anger. "And what if I don't agree?"

Before he could move, Chibs swung, punching him in the face and sending the taller man to his knees. Chibs leaned over him and spit on the floor in front of him as the Darby held a hand to his gushing nose. "If that wasnae clear enough, if ye come near her again, even by accident, I'll slit yer throat."

Darby shook his head. "Shit! Fine! There isn't a pussy in this town worth dying over. She's all yours."

Chibs scoffed as he stood back up straight and turned to leave. "Nah, tha's where yer wrong. Our women are worth it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chibs walked into Mari's house, shaking his head at the fact that the door was unlocked as he heard feminine laughter coming from the kitchen. "Why's the bloody door unlocked, prospect?"

He almost grinned when he heard Half-Sack curse then heard boots running his way. The prospect stopped short and stared at Chibs as the older man leaned against the front door. "Mari figured since I was here with her, we didn't need to lock the door."

Chibs lifted a brow at the nervous younger man. "Ye figured wrong. Wait outside."

He stepped around Half-Sack, headed for the kitchen as he heard the front door open and shut. He turned the corner into the kitchen and found Mari sitting on the counter, mixing something in a bowl. He almost groaned at the sight of her: hair up in a messy bun, baby pink tank top on with one thin strap sliding down onto her arm, very short cutoff denim shorts and bare feet. He felt his knees go weak when she gave him a brilliant smile and jumped down from the counter to come to him with her arms open.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you, Chibs." He groaned softly when her arms snaked around his waist and she snuggled into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close, letting his head drop to her shoulder. They stood that way for a few minutes before she stepped back and broke their embrace to move to the refrigerator. She leaned over to get him a beer from the back of the fridge and he felt his blood pressure spike. As he reached for the beer, she noticed his bloody knuckles and frowned as she grabbed his hand for a closer look. "What happened to you? Come over here so I can wash the blood off to see what the damage is."

He shook his head as she stuck his hand under the hot water. "It's no' my blood, luv."

She sighed and shook her head. "Do I even need to guess who's it is?"

Chibs grinned and shook his head as she used a dish towel to dry his hand. "I believe ye know, Mar. I had to have a talk with Darby."

She bit her lip before grinning up at him as her other hand came up to caress his cheek. "It's kind of sexy, you fighting over me."

Chibs growled as he pulled her close with an arm around her waist. "I have a feeling this won't be the last time."

She grinned and shrugged. "I can't help it. I seem to get into these situations a lot." He started to say something but she put a finger over his lips and snickered. "Wouldn't you rather kiss me instead of yelling?"

Chibs nodded as he lowered his head. "Aye, I would at tha'."

He lowered his head and neither spoke for several minutes as they got to know each other's mouths. Chibs let his hands wander, first to her behind, squeezing a little before moving up her back to her neck. As he broke the kiss, he let his mouth move to where his hands had just been, leaving kisses up and down her neck as his hands went back to her backside. He lifted her and sat her back on the counter, feeling her legs wrap around him as his lips traveled down to the rise of her breast while her hands held onto his hair to keep him where he was. He was just getting brave enough to push her top out of the way of his mouth when they heard Half-Sack clear his throat from the dining room.

"Uh... Chibs, Jax called. He says he needs us at the clubhouse ASAP."

Chibs cursed before nodding as he lifted his head. "Alrigh'. Give me a minute, lad."

As Half-Sack walked back outside, Chibs kissed Mari again before grinning down at her. "I'm takin' yer keys wit me. Stay here. I'll be back later."

Mari rolled her eyes but grinned at him as she nodded. "Okay. Want me to save you some dinner?"

Chibs nodded and winked at her as he stepped back to walk out of the kitchen. "Aye, do that, luv."

Mari sighed to herself when she heard the front door shut behind Chibs. She shook her head and hopped down from the counter. "I think I need to take a cold shower now."