A Dystopian Divvy

Last month's contest was not an easy one to judge, by any stretch of the imagination, in no small part due to the large amount of entries! This is a good thing, in TK's humble opinion.

But without further ado, it's time to announce @-maktub- as last month's winner for penning a particularly brutal death scene.

You can read her entry below, and we hope that you do so!

Earth, 2100

“Clandestine number 249,” the guard said. “You’re accused of being part of a rebel group whose purpose is to overthrow our government. Is there anything you’d like to say?”

“One thing, you filthy Transhuman,” she replied. “I’m not like you lot, who have damned yourselves by playing gods with your DNA until you lost your humanity. I’m human, and I have a name. My name is Isabel.”

“You will be executed, unless you tell us where the others are.”

“I’d rather die.”

The guard made a sign, and Isabel was tied to a metal pole, her hands up her head. They removed her robe, revealing the huge bump of her belly. Isabel looked down, showing the first sign of defeat since she had been caught, feeling her baby moving.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered. “We’ll be remembered, once our cause is won.”

The guard watched his men positioning their guns. “Shoot!”

Dozens of bullets flew across the dark room; they had cruelly aimed for her belly first, and only after Isabel screamed with the pain of losing her baby that they aimed for her heart and head. 

Thirty-seven bullets.

“Clean up the mess,” the guard said, leaving the room.