28. Can We Keep Them?

"She's the type of girl that can be so hurt but can still look at you and smile

"She's the type of girl that can be so hurt but can still look at you and smile."

CAYDEN

"Is this a...glitter gun?" I eyed the pink little machine in my hands, a mix of astonishment and curiosity flooding within me.

While my parents had disappeared in the kitchen to do the dishes, the four of us were currently sitting on the floor in the living room, eating cake and mom's homemade lemon cupcakes while I opened my gifts.

Pleased with her birthday gift for me, Bree nodded. "Yep. So you can add glitter to anything dull. Give it a sparkle. Even your face."

Alec and Maya were laughing while Faith took it out of my hands and held it as if it was the most fascinating thing she had seen. She gently fired at a napkin with crumbs left on it from the cupcake she finished eating up a few minutes ago. Sparkly glitter shot out and hit the napkin like bullets, decorating it.

"Wow! This is amazing, Bree!" Faith confessed, immensely amazed and already madly in love with it.

She pointed the gun at Alec, but he was quick to snatch it out of her hands. "Careful. You might shoot someone in the eye."

"But I want to decorate your shirt, Alec. It's too plain," she argued, pouting.

"Faith, babe, you're right. Great minds think alike. Here, give it to me. I'll do it," Bree said, holding out her hand to Alec.

Bree and Faith were besties by now. As for Maya, she had been been slightly quite the whole evening. She laughed and joined in on conversations, but I couldn't help but notice that something was on her mind when she kept spacing out time after time. I wondered what was on her mind.

Alec looked slightly terrified when he asked, "How can I trust you to not glitter my whole face?"

She grinned. "You can't, so let's go with, I'll try not to."

Before Alec could say anything, Bree scooted closer to him with excitement making her whole face light up. Alec sighed and tilted his head to the side so Bree could start working on his white collar.

"And voila!" She exclaimed, barley a minute later. Moving to the side, she let Alec's collar skillfully decorated with glitter, be displayed before us.

It actually didn't look half bad.

"Wow. It looks great," I admitted, accepting the gun when Bree handed it to me. "Thanks, Bree. This is so stupid but thoughtful."