chapter 5: the distracted globe ✔️

the distracted globe
~~~~~~~~~~

madison's p.o.v:
"epiales, you look fine." arty said for the 50th time as i switched through outfit after outfit. tonight was the night i go to distracted globe to meet up with parz. to be honest, i told him i had something to tell him but i really didn't so i needed to come up with an excuse fast.

"how about more pretty in pink?" i asked as i selected it on my screen. "no." "i got it, clueless." i said with confidence. "no." "okay, what about-" i start buttram got cut off. "you don't even know him! why are you going all out for this guy?" arty asked.

"i-i don't know. it's almost 7, i'm gonna go arty, love youuu." i yelled as i ran out the door. as i was walking to the club i decided to change my hair from long and wavy to a little bellow my ears and pin straight. i also went with a silver, spaghetti strap dress that dips far down in the back.

as i stepped into the club, i noticed parz surrounded by fans, wanting their picture taken. i laughed and pulled parzival away from everyone. "wow, you look amazing." parzival said without leaving my eyes. i blushed and said the same.

"come on, let's go. we need to see if this is where i next clue lays." i exclaimed with dragging parzival to the drop off. "together?" i asked with my hand out. he grabbed it slowly and we jumped off together but nothing happened.

"maybe it's a dance challenge?" he thought out loud. he made a selection, dropped the music square and a light up floor appeared while staying alive played in the background. "old school, i like it." i said with a laugh.

as we were dancing, i pulled parzival off of his square and started to dance with him. "you come prepared?" i asked and he spun me. "prepared?" he asked confused. "what kinda haptics you rockin?" i questioned. he just kinda looked at me in a daze. "got the gloves and full body or just full body?" i asked while i ran my hands on his arms and up his chest.

i could tell this was having an effect on him. "uh, yeah. i have the x1 haptic boot suit with microfiber crotch inlay." he stated still in a daze. "my, you do come prepared." i said with a laugh as i pushed myself off of him, flipped a dove through his legs and ran my hands up his legs, all the way up body.

he pulled me up, put his hands around my waist and starts to dance with me again. "my name's wade." he stated. "w-what." i asked puzzled. "my name's-" "stop. you're not supposed to tell anyone your real name. you're the parzival, anyone could be listening." i said in a state of shock.

"i don't care. i like you epiales." he said with confidence. i pushed him away a little. "no, no, no, you can't. you don't even know me. you could have waited to tell me back in the real world or even in my shop!" i stated kind of mad. i closed my eyes and said, "let's go back to my shop. we can talk more then. this obviously isn't another challenge."

••••••••••

"so... wade. why?" i asked not even really knowing what i was asking. he repositioned in the hammock while saying, "i don't know. there's just something about you. for example, aech is my best friend but we only see each other in the oasis." i sighed, "you know this isn't what i look like. this isn't my real face or body." "i don't care, epi. your personality outshines all of that. you're stubborn but yet respectful, you always know how to get your way and you don't give up. you're amazing epi." wade stated without stuttering or stumbling.

"o-okay, so." i said as i stood up from the beanbag and walked over to wade. "i live near columbus, ohio, my name will be revealed later on but for now i need to find a way to get you to ohio." i whispered. he smiled, "good thing im already there."my eyes widened a little bit. "really? where do you live?" i asked looking spring making sure all windows are shut. "i'm not proud of it but, the stacks." he said with a slight curve to his voice.

no way. he can't live right next to me. i've never seen him or heard of him till now. "um, i gotta go."i said really fast. i am determined to find him. "wait what?" he said confused. "i'll see you around." i stated as i slid off my goggles.

i ran out of my van, with my bag in my hand, straight to mrs. gilmore's place. as i was running, i noticed more drones out than before. i decided to ignore it and pulled up to mrs. gilmore's stack. i knocked on the door and i heard a faint, come in. i pushed open the door and noticed how much greenery she had in her house. "it's the only bit of the past i can hold onto. i never seen green anymore." she stated as she wiped her hands on her apron. "what can i do for you madison?" she asked.

"do you know anyone around here named wade? he's about my age." i asked kinda nervously. "of course. he's such a sweet boy and i know you two will definitely get along well." she responded with her eyes smiling. i asked if she knew what stack he was in and she pointed out to me.

he has literally been two stacks above me this whole time! "thank you mrs. gilmore!" i shouted as i ran out the door. i started climbing up the ladder and eventually made it to his stack. i stared at the door for a little bit before raising my fist to knock. i almost forgot to put on my glasses. i can't let him see my eyes. as i was sliding them on...

"can i help you?" i heard from behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~
a.n// so, like this little cliff hanger? 😈 i know i'm sorry but i love cliff hangers 😂 also just letting y'all now what i've been doing is typing a chapter and then going back through and making sure things are spelled correctly so that's why it takes a little bit longer to publish. i just want the best for y'all 🤧😂 anyways, i hope y'all are enjoying and happy gunting!!