27

April 27th, 2018

1:34 pm

"Darling, the goat is chewing on the bottom of your dress again."

"You've gotta be kidding me," Lexi paused to rip the bottom of her dress away from the goat's mouth before she yelled, "Go on, my dress is not grass." 

Bucky chuckled as he continued to move hay bales with his one arm. Lexi rolled her eyes and let out a groan of annoyance as she plopped back down on the ground. She gathered her maxi dress up under her legs so the goats would not be able to chew on it anymore. She had lost too many cute dresses to the goats and she was not about to lose this one too. 

"Buck, are you almost done? I wanna go back up to the room. It's hot."

"Almost, darling."

Lexi nodded as she laid out in the grass. This was how they spent most of their days. T'Challa agreed to let the two of them live in Wakanda as a sanctuary for as long as they liked. All he asked was they help out around the palace or with the surrounding tribes. Lexi and Bucky had taken a liking to the goats one of the border tribes had, so they spent a majority of the day with the goats feeding them, letting them roam outside of the pen, and playing with them sometimes.

"Alright, we're all set for the night. C'mon." Bucky finally announced. Lexi peaked open her eyes and saw Bucky standing above her offering her a helping hand to stand up. She took his hand and let him pull her up off the ground. 

"So, what's on the agenda for tonight?" Bucky asked as they began walking up the hill arm in arm. 

"Well, I was thinking we could-" Lexi paused as she looked up from the ground and saw someone approaching them.

"T'Challa, we were just headed back up to the palace." she greeted him. They watched as a member of the Kingsguard set an equipment case down on a nearby cart, open it, and step back. Bucky leaned to the side to take a look at what was in the case. When Lexi heard him sigh disappointedly, Lexi knew T'Challa was here for more than just a friendly trip.

"Where's the fight?" Bucky asked.

T'Challa's face remained stoic as he replied, "On its way." 

The group remained silent as Bucky's new vibranium metal arm was lifted out of the equipment case and attached to his left shoulder. Once it was attached, Bucky began to move his arm around to make sure it fits well and would not fall off. After a few minutes, Bucky nodded, signaling that the arm was a good fit.

"What are we up against?" Lexi inquired as she and Bucky followed the king back towards the palace. 

"Captain Rogers informed me that they were aliens of some kind. They attacked your friends Wanda and Vision. That is all Captain Rogers told me."

"Shit," Lexi mumbled under her breath, her eyes wide.

"They are bringing Vision here for my sister to look at. Captain Rogers believes they are after the stone that makes him who he is. They want my sister to take it out so we do not lose Vision."

By this point, they had already entered the palace. The couple followed T'Challa towards Shuri's lab, so he could presumably warn her of who was coming. The palace normally was busy with activity, but with the impending doom, it was busier than ever. 

Kingsguardsmen bolted across the foyers and down the hallways as they made sure the citizens were safe inside the palace and their homes. The Dora Milaje followed Okoye's commands as they prepared weapons and transportation down to the battlefield.