Chapter 1

As I walked out of the makeup trailer I smelled the sweet scent of cotton candy and funnel cake.I looked across the wide open space & admired the giant striped tent looming in the distance.My attention was drawn to the tall lanky clown walking towards me. I busted out laughing.Gasping for air I managed to get out "I've been here a whole *gasp* year! & I still can't get over this!" Jon grinned & kissed me on the cheek. "Oh my gosh Liz! You are so beautiful!" He faked a dramatic gasp. "If I wasn't gay!" he shook his head. I felt an arm slip around my waist, and i knew exactly who it was. Pete joked with Jon "Shouldn't you be in a tiny car at the moment?" Jon wiggled his eyebrows & walked away, yelling behind him "Alright you lovebirds! I'll leave you alone." Pete had no hesitation to bury his face in my neck. I brought in his thick masculine scent. "Ooh how I missed that smell." I mumbled. Muffled by my hair he said "Not as much as I missed your's" We had met a year ago when I had first come to work here. We had a few solos together & just clicked. I pulled his head up & he kissed me on the lips, careful not to mess up my makeup. I ran my hands through his ginger hair,resisting to go any further. Finally I pushed us apart, our ragged breaths cutting through the crisp air. "The show..is in..half an hour." I gasped. " Oh. Right. We'll finish this later. "He winked. I secretly hoped for later to come very soon.

I walked back into the makeup trailer, because even with his efforts not to,my makeup was smudged. Ever since I had come here, I had made quite a few friends, but also a few enemies. & the worst one was right inside the trailer...