Chapter 4

~One Year Earlier~

I walked to the management trailer by the breathtaking tent. A lot of my friends were surprised that I was ok with working at a small circus when my dream was Cirque De Solei. But I would be doing what I love, no matter where! Bursting out of the door came an extremely cute, but obviously gay guy. "Ugh!" He huffed. " So management gets free lunch but the clowns don't!" He looked over and his tone softened. "You must be the new acrobat! Sonjay is right in there." Amd as I walked through the door, my new life began.

***********************

I tried to keep my head high as I walked away from the trapeze. Told myself to hold the tears until I got backstage. Told myself that the audience wasn't staring. Told myself I would be able to get over Pete. I walked backstage and there he was. I could tell that he knew I saw him with Carrie. He didn't make excuses, didn't say sorry, because he knew I would never forgive him. I tried to say something, to yell obscenities at him, or call him names, but I ended up just, putting up a hand, weakly push him away, and walk away as hot tears trailed down my cheeks. I ignored Sonjay's sympathetic eyes, ignored Carrie's smug expression, only breaking down once I collapsed into Jon's arms in front of my trailer. Jon was always like my gay older brother since I had first met him. He picked me up in his arms, which I was thankful for because it seemed like my legs no longer existed. I buried my face in his sweatshirt, the tears finally slowing down. He carried me into the trailer and kissed the top of my head. He gently laid me down on the bed and sat beside me. Suddenly the words began to flow out of my mouth. "Pete was kissing Carrie and grabbing her butt and pushing her against the wall and I was in the air and I fell and everyone saw and oh my god Sonjay is gonna fire me and I made a fool out of myself and HE SAID HE LOVED ME! HE LIED!" I realized that my face was once again a sopping mess. After my little rant, Jon looked stunned. "Oh Hun... I'm so sorry" he sighed and leaned his head on my shoulder. "Jon. I know that you want to go have a drink with the guys, and I think I want some sleep." Jon pulled the covers over me and whispered "Good night sweetie" before walking out of the trailer. I didn't understand how Jon could be so strong after everything that has happened to him. His dad had kicked him out once he told him he was gay. Forced to earn an income he joined a free clown college nearby. Of course, he was a natural. I remember whenever he cried when telling me this part. His lower lip poking about as he told me of his mothers sudden death. He only knew about her stroke when his dad called him and gruffly stated " your mom had a stroke. Funeral's on Thursday." And hung up. I fell asleep dreaming of funerals, clowns, and repeatedly falling through the air with Pete laughing in the distance.

I finally updated! I'm trying hard to crank chapters out but I keep changing my mind on what I want to do with the plot! Keep being awesome!