The Shire

I brought all of the necessary items to get through orientation. Yes, the college told you to bring you pamphlet and listen to your tour guide, blah. blah. blah. No, what I brought was:
1.) 2 chocolate chip cliff bars for basic calories
2.) pair of earphones and illegally downloaded music
3.) The book The Hobbit
4.) My gryffindor t-shirt (to attract nerd friends)
5.) the internet password
I had already learned everything there was to learn about Uconn. My older sister had went here 2 years ago, which to be honest was the reason I was going. I had loved staying over with Anna. The campus was beautiful, the programs were exceptional, the tuition was within reason, what more could I ask for? Maybe the most distinguishing factor was that it wasn't gonna be like high school. Goodbye old friends, goodbye old house, goodbye ex-girlfriends, goodbye sarcastic teachers and judgmental people, hello freedom.
I followed the tour guide, my blue tooth earphones hidden by my hair. A couple of potential friends in my group complimented my t-shirt. One of them, a guy named Crowley said that his dad had rejected Harry Potter for his publishing company, which I thought was quite cool, although a terrible life decision on his dad's part.
By noon when the tour had ended and I was allowed to return to my dorm, I was exhausted. Freshmen dorms are not nice. They are closet sized smelly too cold dorms with desks underneath the bunk beds, 2 bunk beds in the room. I had settled myself in this morning, although by that time my room mate had not come. Her name was Lisa. I had stalked her on facebook, and she seemed nice. We had even chatted, and she had said that she liked the Star Wars movies, so basically we were on good terms.
My RA, a rather creepy girl named Ruby stopped me on my way up the stairs.
"Hey, Charlie, your roommate bailed last minute."
"Oh?"
"Yeah, you have a single, now, just so you know." I grinned at her words.
"Thanks Ruby!" Although Im sure I would have been good friends with Lisa, I really hadn't fancied the idea of having someone trapped inside a tiny room with me watching my every move.
I helped a couple of boys move in (Their names were Sam and Gabriel) on my way to the girls hallway. Sam seemed cool, although not as much of a fangirl and more of a textbook type of nerd. Gabe had a grin on his face as though he knew more than me.
"Hey, you want to hang out with us tonight?" Sam offered.
"Who is 'us?'" I asked, although inside I had already made my mind up to go.
"My older brother Dean, his boyfriend Castiel, a girl named Meg, My cousin named Jo, my step-cousin Adam, and if you want to bring anyone like a boyfriend of friend or whatever, thats fine."
"Sound like fun. Where, when?"
"Meet us here at 7 tonight. Dean is showing us the study room." Sam replied, sounding waaay too psyched about a study room.
"k, see you then. Live long and prosper." I gave them the vulcan sign and walked towards the staircase leading to the girls dorms. I decided to take a nap before then and binge watch some netflix. After all, school was gonna be hard and I wouldn't have too much more time to watch tv before I had to study all day and all night. As I turned the corner to my dorm, I almost walked straight into a girl holding laundry.
"Oh!" I said in surprise. "Sorry, didn't see you there." The girl snarled at me, and I took a step back, very freaked out.
Then she said in a perfect imitation of Draco Malfor, "Watch where you're going, potter." I barked out a laugh in surprise.
She turned around to show off her slytherin quidditch jersey that said "Malfoy" on the back.
"Hello fellow potter head!" I exclaimed, high fiving her (with difficulty as she was carrying her laundry.
"Whats your name?" She asked.
"Charlie Bradbury. You?"
"Meg Shepard. Nice to meet you."
"Oh hey, Meg, you wouldn't happen to know Sam Winchester, would you?"
"Yeah, His brothers boyfriend is my bestfriend since childhood."
"I think we are going to a party together tonight."
"Really? Well, I'll see you around, Potter."
I laughed again as she left, leaving a delicious smell behind her that I couldn't quite place but would describe as sweet and tangy.
I shook my head, unable to wipe the stupid grin off my face. I fell asleep smiling.