birth

Meliodas was in his room when a maid politely knocked on his door. He opened it. "Meliodas-sama, your father is calling for you. He is in his study room right now"  meliodas nodded and she stepped aside for him to walk.

He continued to walk down the dimly lit hall until he reached his father's study room. "What do you want?" Meliodas was probably the only being who would dare speak to the demon king in such manner. Anyone else would be immediately destroyed but his battle prowess made up for it.

The demon king didn't look like the towering monster but a 10 feet tall man with blue hair and black eyes. He dropped a bundle into his son's arms and said, "here, this is your new brother," and sent him away.

___________________________________________

Meliodas arrived at his room and unfolded the bundle. Inside was a small baby with silver hair. The baby woke up and stared at the demon with its large purple eyes. He used a chubby hand and grabbed the blond ahoge with glee.

For meliodas, this was the first time someone dared grab his hair and laugh in delight in his presence. It was new and a warmth clutched his chest in a way he never felt before. If any demons were nearby, they would be shocked at the fact that their cold hearted prince was laughing.

It was odd to feel happy in such a long time. Was it because the baby was his brother? Or perhaps it was just so long since someone could look at him with something other than fear and hatred?

Meliodas didn't know his demon marking was fading and his pitch black eyes turned into a beautiful emerald green. The baby paused in his pulling and stared into those eyes. Amethyst met emerald.

"Estarossa. Your name will be estarossa. It means love in britannia and red in the demon language"

The newly named estarossa gurgled happily and laughed in meliodas's arms.