{Horseshoe Overlook}

A/n~sorry for the long hiatus, never realized that I had already written this chapter and never posted it, I'lol try and update when I can~

Hailey's p.o.v

I leaned against Pearl's neck as we continued on to where the others had to move, I know being around new people is great, I can hear my mother now telling me to not eavesdrop on people. I can't help it, while staying in that little building where I woke up at, I heard that they have been running from people called Pinkertons.

I think the same people that my parents argued about before. I heard Pearl whine about something and I patted her neck, "you're okay Pearl." "I see why you call her Pearl," I looked up at the man, Charles. "When the sun reflects off her eyes they look like Pearls." I nodded

Some Time Later

I started to doze off a bit listening to Hosea, Charles, and Arthur talk. "You okay back there? I ain't heard anything from you," I jumped from Arthur yelling back to me, "yeah, I'm okay."

I heard them laugh and I smiled, I feel like I'm warming up to these people. I sat up and looked around, "there you are, brother. Head in there and follow the track for a bit. Hey, slow up! I'll jump on." Arthur stopped the wagon, I watched as Javier walked around Pearl and jumped onto the back of the wagon.

The wagon started again and I nudged Pearl's side, I saw as we came through the trees some tents were set up, and the wagons were also set up. Arthur stopped the wagon, again, and Pearl stopped. I saw Javier jump off the back of the wagon and he walked towards me.

I swung my leg over to the side where Javier was standing and he grabbed me and helped me off the back of Pearl, "thank you, Javier." He smiled and nodded his head at me, I grabbed the rope that tied Pearl to the wagon and unhooked the rope from the wagon. I led her to a patch of grass and sat down to where she was eating.

I heard footsteps coming towards me, I turned my head to see Abigail's son, Jack. I smiled and I saw him smile back, "hi, we haven't talked to each other, I'm Jack." I stood up and brushed off my hands on my dress, "I'm Hailey," I saw Jack look up at Pearl, "that's a very big horse," I nodded and gave Pearl a few rubs on her belly.

"Yeah, she's bigger than what my momma and daddy thought she would be," "do you wanna play?" I nodded, "what do you wanna play?" I asked looking at Jack, I saw him smile then he poked me and started running, "tag your it!"

I laughed and chased after Jack.

Few Hours Later

I wiped my forehead as I was trying to catch my breath, me and Jack had been playing tag for a while. "Hailey! Jack! Dinner!" "Coming Momma!" I felt Jack grab my hand and we both started walking back towards camp, we had run a little bit far, but not too far from camp.

We made our way to the stew pot, I heard Abigail laugh, I turned and saw her smiling. Jack let go of my hand and ran towards his momma, "here you go, Hailey." She handed me a bowl full of stew, I could smell it and I smiled. I followed Abigail and Jack to their tent and sat down with them to eat.

"Would you like to sleep with me and Jack?" I swallowed the spoon full of stew, "yes ma'am, if that's okay." She smiled, "it's okay."

After eating I sat and watched the sun go down, I yawned and I felt a hand touch my shoulder, "Miss Grimshaw had set up your sleeping area, when we got here, it's time for bed."