Author's Note-DELETED SCENES

The chapter preceding this note, The Rogue Shadowhunter, was the absolute last chapter of City of Secrets. I will not add new chapters, but I will add a few scenes or ideas that I had to delete from the book due to storyline problems or simply because I could not find a way to add them in the chapters without expanding the idea and therefore losing track of the original plot.

I find that the first of the two ideas is an interesting concept. I had been toying around with the thought and wondering "What if?", and I hope it inspires that same curiosity as it did with me in you.

The second deleted scene is rather short, but truly one that I regret not placing in the book. I desperately tried to fit it in somewhere in the chapter titled The Morning Star, but then I realized that it deserved to be something separate and not just a filler piece. I feel like I owe it to all of you, but especially to Ember and Isabelle, whose relationship we have seen flourish and become something stronger and unbreakable—could there be a more dynamic duo?

Anyway, I do think you understand what scene I am referring to, and if you haven't an idea, no worries, the scene will be uploaded soon enough.

The deleted scene following this note is called A Terrible Beauty. The concept was originally going to be Ember's dream in Chapter 21: To Love Is to Destroy, but it became too long and unrelated to the events happening in the chapter, so I cut it and replaced it with her dream about Jonathan in the dark room.

I made some tweaks to it, but I do hope you enjoy it, and I thank you all for sticking with me through this journey. Know that all of you are appreciated tremendously and there are honestly no words to describe the support you have shown me and this book.

I love you all, and as always...

(You know what's coming next.)

HAPPY READING, ANGELS! 😇

____________________________

((Also, if you happen to have any questions about the book, the events that happened in it, or characters, do not hesitate to hit that comment button and ask. I will answer as soon as I can and to the best of my ability.))