Chapter 28.

It's been a week since I last saw him and the only difference I feel is that I don't feel the excitement and the anticipation of what will happen next, I also don't feel the fear of getting hurt so I guess every decision has its pros and cons.

When I wasn't working or studying I was hanging out with Ethan and Jack, I haven't visited grandpa in a very long time which makes me feel really bad about myself but I called him every day. I feel like my life is coming back to what it was before Kai and before all that storm he brought along, I never expected to move on that fast. I've seen Jonah this week he was trying to apologize but I told him that he should really man up and stop running away every time he feels intimidated by someone, so I ended two potential relationships and I have never felt better.

Today is the last day I'm working here at the bar because my mom promised me an internship once I turn 18, it's been a couple of weeks since my birthday and I will finally get a taste of what it feels like to work in a big corporation.

I was surprised that throughout this whole week Kai and his group of friends never showed up, I shouldn't be bothered by that but for some reason, I was still wondering,

"Where can I find Ruby?" I hear a familiar voice and go out of the kitchen to see grandpa entering the bar.

"Oh my God, what are you doing here?" I ask as I go up to him and hug him.

"It's been a while since I saw you face to face and not on facetime so I decided to come and see myself what is up with my favourite girl" I love him so much, I really don't know where would I be if it wasn't for him. Even though I didn't have a father I always felt like my family was complete, I never felt like I was missing someone and it is all thanks to him.

"I am about to finish can you wait for 15 minutes," I ask him

"Yes sure, I'll be in the car," he says and I go change my clothes as fast as I can.

"So how are you doing?" I say as I enter the car, it takes me a moment to realize who is the driver... That's Kai.

"I've been great, what about you? I've really missed you this couple of weeks" he says and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I just had a really tight schedule," I say. I've been avoiding Kai for a whole week and I won't let him ruin my quality time with grandpa, all I have to do is keep ignoring him and don't pay attention to him under any circumstances.

"We should pick the twins and go to the movie" I suggest. Now that I think about it I haven't seen my whole family in a long time because I was so caught up in all of that Kai drama and even after that I was recovering and taking care of my mental health first.

"That's a great idea, Kai you heard her, turn the car we will go get the twins," he says and Kai turns the car around.

"Yes, sir" is all he says.

"Grandpa I thought you said he was the security guard of the mansion, why is he driving?" I whisper into his ear hoping that Kai didn't hear anything.

"He said he needs money, so he is now taking an extra job" he whispers back.

I can't help but think, why does Kai so desperate for money, I remember how he asked me to help him win the race and as far as I know working as security for my grandfather is a well-paid job why does he need another one?

"I'll go get them," I say as we pull up to the twin's school.

I am wearing black denim shorts with my oversized blue t-shirt. I feel exposed when I am in the same car with Kai which is weird because I was always comfortable wearing this type of clothes until I saw how he was staring at my legs through the rare view mirror while we were waiting at the traffic lights.

"Ruby!!!" the twins run up to me and hug me, I love how loving they are when they first see me and then after ten minutes it can turn into world war three.

"We are going to the movies with grandpa, he is waiting in the car," I say and the three of us enter it.

The twins hug grandpa and disappear at the back seat but then Mason yells from behind.

"Hey, you are Ruby's friend"

No...no...no please ignore him I pray to God Kai will shut up and keep his eyes on the road, but then Riley adds,

"Did you and Ruby have an argument like it happened the other day?"

"Ruby, what argument, what is he talking about?" grandpa asks me.

Oh my God, this is all has gone wrong so quickly, I can't lie because I am afraid that Kai will expose me and I also can't say that nothing happened because of the twins who saw everything... I wish I could just snap my fingers and disappear but I have to explain myself to them...

---------------------

Love you guys :)