Optimism

"Can we see the clip kha?"

The director, who was still a bit fazed, gestured towards the monitor.

She walked towards the small screen. She's trying to be as composed and calm as she can but deep inside she's reeling from the realization that she just had her first kiss. She sat and watched the playback of the "accident".

God, this is so embarassing.

"It doesn't look bad. It looks real. Right, P'Nadech?"

She looked up and saw him staring at her. She raised her brows, prompting him for an opinion.

Nadech was staring at her. He still can't believe that she's able to act like nothing happened. Was he the only one bemused by what happened? No. He can see their director having the same facial expression too. Looks like this little lady staring at him had both him and the director amused and bewildered at the same time. She saw her raised her brows, seems like waiting for him to say something.

"Uh, yeah. Well, it was real," he pointed out, shrugging his shoulders.

"I mean it makes the scene better. It's more believable," Yaya clarified with hand motion.

He looked at the small screen. He must agree, the scene looks believable. It shows real emotions from both of them, same as the emotions their characters were supposed to have. It was captured beautifully. It showed how he was trying to stop Yaya from struggling and the shock on Yaya's eyes when his lips landed on hers. He saw her blinked multiple times, which he thought was cute. It was very real. That's why the director praised them when he thought it was an adlib.

He looked at her.

So...she wasn't really unaffected. She's just good at moving on, or is she just pretending?

"Well that's true. But we can't use that,"
"Mai, the director said we can use it. It's up to me. And I'd like to use it," she nonchalantly said.

Another surprise. Does she have more in stock for him today?

"But—"
"P'Nadech ka, it's fine. It's for the lakorn. The more real it looks, the more people will believe it,"
He was about to open his mouth again to remind her that they need to hear first what else are there to shoot if they will use that scene or if her mom would allow it but she cut him off again.
"Everybody's working hard for this lakorn. And if it is for the betterment of everybody's effort, I am willing to do it. Everyone has been doing their best, some also get into little accidents...just like me. So I don't really mind."
"What will your mom say? You haven't discussed it with her yet," he said.
She smiled. Appreciating his concern for her welfare.
"My mom would understand. And she trusts my judgment. She says I'm old enough to make decisions for myself, as long as I know how to stand by my decisions and ready to bear the consequences," she winked at him.

Did she just winked at me? Oh god. What a cutie.

"And are you ready?" He asked.
"I know I'll be fine," and she tapped his arm for assurance.

"So you guys want to use this clip?" The director asked both of them after listening to their exchange. They both nodded.

"Well it is a very good shot of you two and I must say that it expresses the feelings of Fai and Jeed perfectly. And also, still wholesome," the director told them.

"However, if we're going to use this clip, you might have to do the scene again for atleast two more times. That is for the different angles we're aiming for..." the director continued.

"Are you guys up for it?" The director looked at them both.

WHAT? He'd have to kiss me again?
WHAT? I'd have to kiss her again?

It was like the director dropped a bomb right in front of them.

"Or or! You can just do the trick you know," the director immediately told them when he saw their eyes widen.

"It's up to you, guys. If you do a real kiss, that's okay because it will show consistency even in different angles. But if you're uncomfortable, we can always go with the thumb trick. Whichever you prefer," he said.

Well, it wasn't bad at all. It's going to make the lakorn better plus...her lips are soft.

He mentally shooked his head at the thought. What was he thinking? He looked at her.

"What do you think? I'm okay with whatever you decide," he said to her, still standing by her side while she's still seated.

You already said everybody makes sacrifices. It would be shameful to contradict what you just said. Plus you were the one who wanted to use the clip.

But we can do the trick for the other takes. It won't make a difference.

What if it does make a difference? What if it looks more awkward? Unnatural? Then you would have to retake it again and everybody will be tired because of you.

Yaya kept on debating with the pros and cons. Her mental conversation with herself might sound weird to others but that's how she weighs her options and make decisions.

Ugh. Whatever! Let's do it!

"Let's do it," she said to him without looking.
"The real kiss?" He asked. He was actually mentally wishing that she'd say yes but he doesn't know why he wanted it to happen. This is new.
"Kha. Let's do it for real," she said with conviction.

This will be the first and last real kiss you'll do, Yaya. It'll just be a smack and that's it. Petty.

"Okay! Get ready to roll!" The director yelled again as they slowly walked towards the pool.

"I'll try to be distant as possible," she heard him say when they were getting into the water.
"That's fine. I appreciate it. But if we don't make it as real as the first one, we might have to do more retakes and will just be more troublesome for all of us and the staffs. Let's just do our best as our characters," she smiled.

They slowly submerged to the water and waited for the signal.

"Action!"

He opened his eyes underwater and held her face. He looked at her and saw that she was ready. He pulled her to him and kissed her. He had to pull her hard because of the water and to make it seem that he was still mad. Because of that, her lips landed on his a bit forcefully. She blinked once and waited before she moved away. They both swam upwards to gasp for air. There were oxygen tanks but she wanted to know if the take was okay.

"Sorry! I think I was abit rough. Are you okay? Are your lips fine?" He asked her when he appeared on the surface of the water. She wanted to laugh atvhiw question. It sounded funny to her ears.
"Don't worry. I'm fine. Thanks. How bout you?" He smiled. Was that concern for him he's hearing?
"I'm fine," he said and looked at the director.
"Good take! You guys are great!"
The director said looking very excited.
"Okay one more angle and we're good!"

They went underwater again and took the oxygen while waiting for the go signal. When the cameras were ready, they started to shoot.

She struggled again, but now only a bit. They know that they only need one scene of struggling and they just need to do the kiss. So after couple of seconds, Nadech held her face. And it's as if her body recognized his touch, her head voluntarily moved towards his face. Her head tilted and her lips moved to welcome his kiss.

Weird. My body's moving on it's own after just two takes! Ohmygod!

Yaya was mentally castigating herself when she realized what she did.

Heh. His lips are soft.

And she was amused and bemused at the same time by that last thought.