Chapter 2

A/N: The pic is of archer's sister (she will be important in the future)

Chapter 2:

Serenity:

We walk towards the line of people waiting, its a long line needless to say. I march up to the guard, or as they call it, Bouncer, and I flash our VIP passess at him (I got them online, Ok, maybe not, I may or may not have used magick. Whoops) and he lets us through after scanning it to make sure it's real. It passess thankfully, and I sigh on the inside, relieved it actually worked. I didn't expect them to actually check. We pass into the club, blaring music assaults our ears. The 'DJ' plays a song that he says is a remix of something called 'katy perrys' This is how we do', whatever THAT is.

I smile and bounce to the beat, that is, until I somehow end up at a place with a big sign saying 'BAR' that flashes neon colors. I smile as a new 'song' as the guy, 'DJ' says, again, it's a weird title. 'chandelier, by sia'.What. The. Heck. I toss a few dollars to the guy who says he's 'Dave the bartender'. I turn to him, ordering, and as he makes whatever a 'mock tini' is, I talk, and he listens.

"Sooo, 'Dave the bartender'," I put finger quotes on it, and he laughs, I continue, "My name is Serenity." I say, and he tilts his head, handing me my drink and he says,

"Where do you come from? You dont look like you're from around here." I grin, and know he will have no idea where I come from, so I think up a plausible place, and say,

"I'm from Romania, its really cold there, so thats why I'm so pale, I don't get a lot of sun." In reality, I'm this whitish color, and it isn't by any means because I don't get in the sun a lot, Its because the sun back home is actually green, and it doesn't really darken your skin. The moon is actually the one out when us fae are out, so even if the sun did darken our skin, since the moon is out more, we wouldn't really get tan either. We are what earth calls 'Nocturnal'. but then why isn't there a 'Dayturnal'? I find it weird. Humans. Glad I'm not one of them, they die too easily, and now that I think about it, there is a word for it, ' Diurnal '.

************************Serenity************************

I'm a bit dizzy, and It was hard to do, but I managed to get myself drunk. It took about 150, I just got other people to get me some after I passed my limit. It was easier than one would think. Shouldn't it be harder to get so many drinks? If I wasn't fae, I probably would have died from so many drinks. I feel a bit dizzy, come to think about it, and the world seems to be tipping, tipping, tipping over. almost as if I was falling...

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%Unknown%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I watch, as a beautiful young girl, with unusual hair, white, and streaks of other colors, they seem to warp, and change, as she falls. I am knocked out of my daze as she hits the floor, I rush over, and a girl that looks about the same age as her marches towards me, with an angry expression on her face, and I cringe at what this will probably look like. But I'm assigned to watch her, and nothing is going to stop me. I need this job, and this chic is not getting in my way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Felicity~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I peer through the crowds, to see a passed out Serenity in a mans arms, let me repeat that. A MANS ARMS. He is holding her bridal style, and I look through a red-rimmed tunnel as I blaze through the crowd, pushing and pulling and he looks up, sensing my presence. After a few minutes of an intense stare down, I do a very unlady like thing, I growl at him, and then I lunge, claws glinting in the strobe lights as I fly through the air, and he suddenly does something that shocks me, he turns away, protecting the sleeping girl he is holding, and I stop, as he leans down and whispers something in her ear, and the next words that he says, shock me. He says four simple words, thinking I can't hear, as he gently sets her down,

"I was assigned to protect you, and nothing will stop me." My wide eyes stare up at him as I stutter out the words I will probably regret in the future,

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%Serenity's mate%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"You're my sister's protecter?" I hear, and with that, I pick my charge back up, and turn back to her sister,

"Ya, and my name is Archer Palatain, and I am a rouge Fae, and I guess you are the one that hired me." I reply, stone cold. She looks confused at first, but seems to piece it together after a few seconds, and smiles,

"You're Archer! Then it won't be as difficult as I thought it would be. She'll explain when she wakes up," She hands me a piece of paper, its folded so i can't see what's inside. "Its our address, and a letter, give it to her and drop her off there when you two are done," She winks, and my eyes go wide, wider than hers had been only minutes before. She laughs quietly then disappears into the blaring music and moving bodies, and before I know it, I am alone, alone with my charge, and surrounded by humans.

I rush out the back door and gently lay her down in the back seat, climbing into the front. suddenly, I see two tiny whitish hands on my chest, and when I look up to see who it is, I realize that looking was really pointless, I knew it was my charge from the faint shimmering dancing across her hand, and around where she lay. I see a mass of long white, and shimmering hair, and her head finally tilts up, looking at me, and asking the question I knew she would ask,

"What am I doing here?"

A/N: that was seriously the longest chap I have EVER posted on wattpad. That's kinda sad. I'm trying to make longer chaps now. See ya soon!

:P