Mourning and drinking

I spend days sitting in Raven's room, looking through her paintings, reading her stories and just curling up on her bed. Everything still smells like her. It's taunting me like it's saying, 'everything that she owns is here but not her.' It drives me crazy. At night, I take her blankets with me, clinging to them as if it will make her come back. Some days I wander around with the blankets wrapped around my shoulders. 

  My friends become worried. I don't eat much, I don't laugh or crack jokes like I usually do. I become a sort of ghost, drifting around and not doing anything. Having no purpose. I rarely talk. When Nico woke up and found that Raven had passed, he screamed and shadow traveled to who knows where. I wish I could do that. Just disappear.

  I'm sitting in the place where we found Raven's body, wrapped up in her blanket. It's night. I may be the son of Hephtaesus, fire user, but right now, I feel so cold. So numb. Jason comes and sits down next to me and passes me a bottle of something and other. I stare at it. It had no lable.

  "Hey, man." Jason says quietly but I don't reply. I just drink the stuff, feeling the burn of it roaring down my throat, warming my insides. I cough and splutter. It hurts so much and tastes, firey. I like it. Jason just sits there, watching me finish off the bottle. I become dizzy, the ship starts to rock and I lean heavily on Jason. He puts his arm around my shoulders as the tears fall down my face.I drop the bottle and it lands with a thud on the deck.

  "I miss her so, so much." I sob quietly. Jason just rests his head on the top of my head.

  "I know." The world starts spinning and my eyelids become heavy. That stuff must of been some sort of alcohol. It's putting me to sleep. I close my eyes and Jason picks me up, carrying me to my room. I'm almost asleep as he gently lays me on the bed and pulls the covers up over my body. He leaves and turns off the light, leaving me alone in the darkness. I sleep.