Dreams

That night, I dream of her. I'm wandering through a forest, quietly stepping over logs and sticks. Everything is still, everything is peaceful. I come to a creek and I hear someone singing. I follow the creek to the sound. The creek opens up into a small lake littered with rocks and boulders. Right in the middle, on the biggest boulder, is Raven. She's wearing a white dress, adornded in golden leaves. She sees me and smiles. I smile back and swim over to her.

She reaches down and helps me up. We sit face to face and she gives me an Eskimo kiss, touching her nose to mine. 

  "Hi." I croak.

  "Hi." she replies. I suddenly remeber that this is a dream and the smile falls of my face. She looks at me, her face sad. 

  "I'm sorry, Leo. I couldn't hold on any longer. It, just. It hurt so much." she said quietly. "Please, I see you and our friends, Leo. My spirit is on the boat. I see all. Please don't mourn for me. It hurts me to see you like this. I'll always be in your dreams. I know, it's not enough. But..." She trails off and a tear lands on the rock. At first I think it's mine, but then Raven raises her hand to her face and wipes her eyes. 

  ''I'm sorry.'' she whispers. I pulls her into a hug and we sit on the rock in the middle of the lake for a while then things start to become blurry and fade. She pulls away.

  "It's almost over Leo." she says, "Our time is almost up." She pulls my face to hers and kisses me. Then, she's gone and I wake up with a tear stained face. I remeber what she said about her spirit being on the boat. I have a feeling she's watching me.

  "Good morning." I say to her, even if I can't see her.